sickle hooks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by fishinfreak19D, Jan 3, 2010.

1. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    does anyone use them matzuo sickle hooks? i was thinkin of givin em a shot, if so, what are your reviews on em, and what baits do you prefer to use with them? thanks in advance

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeff I have used the 7/0 sickle hook. Good hooks, and the sharpest I have ever tried to Snell. You will be stuck before you know it. I would recommend them. They are sold by Wild Wolf Products.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010

3. nateD

nateD New Member

State:
    IN
    i have not seen them yet. what is a sickle hook? i've heard they are good, i just dont know much about them. thanks for your help.

4. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    Great hooks. They are scary sharp and they hold there sharpness really well. :cool2: Wild Wolf has great prices on them and there great people to deal with. :cool2:

5. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
  6. nateD

nateD New Member

State:
    IN
  7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I agree with Mick, by far the sharpest i've ever seen. Look at em wrong, your bleedin. Wild Wolf is a good man to deal with also, i highly recommend giving him a shot.

8. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Jeff I have used them for a few years and I love them. They are my go to hook when I target Channels, I have no issues with them at all. Then again that is to be expected when you order something from WildWolf.

9. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    All I use for Flathead Catfish, never missed a fish.

10. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    They are a awesome hook. You ought to try a Kat Bobber while your at it. It was the best move I made last year.

11. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    id definatly like to try those BIG ones he has/had 10-11-12/0 whatever they were

12. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

The boss never misses! NEVER!:laugh1:

13. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I generally like them. I got a small pack of them last summer, had good luck with hook up's, so I bought a big pack this fall. I use the 7ot Matzuo's.

I will report one thing about the last outing using them. I went fishing a few weeks ago in the Mississippi River, there was a ton of floating ice and the water temp was around 30 degrees. I was snagged and had to try and break off to get my pole un snagged. The hook broke right at the shaft. First time I broke a hook on a snag. I really hope it's just a one time bad hook. i like using them but have lost a bit of confidence. I will still use them and report back.

14. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
    When I ordered KatBobbers, they included a sample pack of Matsuo sickle hooks. They worked great, would recommend both the hook and WildWolf Products without hesitation.