Sick of it.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kat in the hat, Apr 11, 2007.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Someone PLEASE send us some good weather up to Missouri soon! All this cold, and rainy stuff is depressing! The redbuds were all bloomed out, now they are all shriveled up. The fruit trees are ruined. And fishing doesn't even sound appealing in this weather. It feels like November right now. I can't take much more of this, and I will be forced to migrate southward.

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm in Iowa-we are getting up to 7 inches here today. All the cold has drained out of Canada. It's warm and sunny up there now-catfish are biting like crazy. Bring your shorts and a good hat.

3. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Cool! Maybe it will seep down here in a few days. I've got a good hat to bring alright.lol.

4. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    matt buddy I hear ya. it used to be a mess of budding trees now everythings nasty lookin. its cuttin into my work to,as the grass has not grown an inch since it was cut during the warm weather. but looks like it will be shaping up by next weekend. I cant beleive how long this cold snap has lasted!!!

5. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    last week i was fishing in 80 degrees, right now its 39 and raining:sad2:

6. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I know what ya mean. Today it is sunny but, windy. Glad to see the rain and coldness gone for today. Hopefully the sun will start shining and it gets a little warmer.:big_smile: What am I saying, better enjoy it before summer hits.

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I feel for ya. Im in pa and we're having really annoying weather too. I have yet to get out on the water. Grrrr......

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Matt hang in there neighbor I've got some warmer weather on the way. It looks like our area has lost the first budding of peaches, apples and grapes. I feel sory for the growers and will probably feel sorry for the eater when the prices start to climb.:lol: :big_smile:

9. LITTLE FISH

LITTLE FISH New Member

State:
    New Paris, Ohio
    Ya I no how ya feel its the same way down in Ohio its been raining 4 about 2 days now and it stinks

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree this weather is something,but I checked Noaa.gov which in my humble opinion is lots better than Weather Channel.com,and they say next week it's gonna climb into the 60's. The only reason I'm personally plugged into Weather Channel.com is because they provide a temp box that goes into your icons. So when I boot up of a morning I can look down and see what the temp is,and also when we have severe weather it will go from bright blue to Bright Red with a clap of thunder.This alerts me to incoming foul weather like Severe Thunderstorms and Tornado's and in Winter warns me of Blizzard and ice storms.:big_smile:

11. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I guess I can at least find comfort in knowing I'm not the only one suffering in the crappy weather. 84 one day, then 30 the next, and it's been like that for almost 2 weeks.

12. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I'm sick of it also, as I sit here watching the snow come down and 34 deg. out. Looking at radar and it seems it will come down most of the night yet. River is open but who wants to go out fishing in this crap. Man this weather is getting me down.

13. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    No reason to head south, it totally sucks hear as well. Fish are biting great, but this time of year it seems to be harder to make yourself go fishing for as long.

14. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    The catfish could be jumpin' up in the boat with you right now, but I wouldn't know because you couldn't pay me to be on the water right now. The river levels are/were about right, up but not flooded. After today it's probably a raging torent though because of all the rain last night and today. There's a pretty good riffle in my ditch right now. Feels like November outside. Cold, I can deal with, but wet & cold is no good at all.

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Zakk's right about heading south, at least TODAY :roll_eyes:. It's been a dreary one, intermittent rain and never got out of the 40s here in western NC. Tomorrow should be a bit better, the man says 70 and sunny, but windy. HOWEVER, there's been a fire hazard warning issued :crazy:. We're up, we're down, we're all around....it was 20 degrees here Easter morning :sad2:. I covered some of my plants, but wasn't thinking about my beautiful azaleas - which are no longer very attractive :tounge_out:.

16. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I was thinking more like Florida anyway. Would have to stop in NC on my way back through after summer sets in. My furnace is running right now, and that alone saddens me.lol. Heard from a friend it was only 50 in Ft. Lauderdale today too. What's it like out in Cali right now? Is it warm ANYWHERE?

17. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sun shinning 70 degrees in mena arkansas.20 to 30 mile hour west wind.lakes white capping.fishing sucks.welcome aboard.lol

18. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I heard on our local news tonight that they have 6 inches of snow falling so far in Des Moines Iowa.Thats about 31/2-4 hours North of me. Friday and Saturday we have a massive storm coming and the weather guy said SNOW!! Oh I want this weather to warm up.!! I'm with ya brother I don't care if I had a chance to latch onto a 100 pound blue,I'm just not warm blooded enough to stand that cold wet air!!:crazy:

19. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Brother I believe we are all in the same boat with the weather...gotta be those southern fishermen jerking out chains LOL...supposed to get better this week.

20. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Same thing here, Matt... I hate to see what it's done to the young trees. Sure hope they come back to life.

But like Patricia said, soon enough it'll be summer and we'll be wishin it wasn't so hot... so, I guess we'll just be content with what we get.