Sick Bullheads

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by roh1961, Jan 26, 2006.

1. roh1961

roh1961 New Member

State:
    Texas
  2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Scary stuff. Even more scary is the apparent lack of concern:

"Richard McIntire, a Maryland Department of the Environment spokesman, said the findings are not likely to prompt a catfish consumption advisory for the South River...."This has been a known problem for quite some time," McIntire said."If you catch any fish that looks strange," he added, "throw it back."

And what of the fish that don't look strange but are full of cancer? Is he saying that they are OK to keep?...W

3. roh1961

roh1961 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm not trying to make light of the plight of the fish but you'de better get some bigger tackle because the water will probably be teeming with trial lawyers pretty quick if they link it to human consumtion. Seriously though, it is shameful that some chemicals can be dumped in the water with absolutely no concern for anything except profit from not having to properly dispose of the waste products.

4. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    I just wanna know.. what kinda crap is this ? If more funding is found, the agency hopes to try to identify the carcinogen ?? :confused: ?? or the famous...This has been a known problem for quite some time," McIntire said.

seriously, they have known about this for how long ? Seventy some percent of bullheads had liver cancer. That is a joke.

5. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    you should post that article on the MD section too... I'm from MD and its always good to know about findings in the rivers around the area that aren't majorly announced to us. Sad to think about how much cars and technology is hurting the enviroment sometimes...

6. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Man has been pretty hard on the envirionment. It is a shame.