Shut out

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by TN Greg, Sep 19, 2007.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    5 hours on the Mississippi last night below Alton Dam.......not a bite. Fished the same areas I did last Thursday and had the slams to no avail. They probably realized the fillets were armed with stinger hooks this time. With that said, it was a beautiful evening on the river. I'll give it another shot tonight and do exactly the opposite.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Greg, you and Dan (ferrari79) are cracking me up. I am heading back out tomorrow to show you guys how to REALLY get skunked! Heck I'll probably even lose another couple anchors to boot, :eek:oooh:eek:nly I have 60 lbs of fresh lead invested into these sparkling new baby's.

Pretty soon you guys can be as good at getting skunked as I am.:worship:

Can't wait for tomorrow. I have been getting skunky fishing reports from at least one person every day this week. I want my shot too.

Waaaaaaaaah!:too_sad:

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    You guy's are so darn lucky. You just don't know how well you have it. I have fished below Alto for many years, not one time have I ever gotten skunked. How do you do it? Can I come along an watch to see how a real pro at getting skunked, works? I never get in on the fun!

4. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    were you able to put in on the Missouri side? It was pretty low last time I was there. Sunday.

5. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I did not even try to put up at the dam. I read your post yesterday and decided to put in at columbia bottoms. We made our way to the dam, but I didn't see any trailers parked up there. I didn't mosey over to look at the ramp either, so I will end up putting in at columbia bottoms again tonight.

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Looks like I'll be putting in at CB on Friday then, thanks for the update Greg and Bob!

7. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Oh MAN!!!!!

The last time I could barely launch my boat I slayed 'em.:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

Maybe that means something, maybe it doesn't.

Most likely it doesn't mean Jack Squat but half the fun is building up excitement and riding the wave before it all comes crashing down. LMAO:tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out:

Ok, starting to crack here, need to go fishing I think.:eek:oooh:

8. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Don't feel bad Greg, "skunk" happens. In fact, it was until last Sunday night, that I went on about....I don't know....a 20 outing or so skunk fest. Literally a month's worth of fishing, and not 1 fish. Gets kind of depressing after awhile. Now that that is over, and the water is going down, I've got the itch to get back out there. :wink:

9. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I am either going to cb or St Charles tomorrow morning. Then reverse on Friday. Got to have a GOOD place for Saturday.

10. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I have to be the king of skunkeness. I've yet to pull in a blue. :embarassed: I keep trying though. I fished last wednesday with Darryl and I almost even had him skunked. Well, until the last hour or so he finally blew it and pulled one in. I then fished Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, AND Tuesday without so much as a bite. Now tell me I ain't a professional at not catchin fish. :big_smile:

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Dang, I think Dan took over Gary's title. Thats alot of fishing with no bites. Anybody look shallow for the fish this week? We got the 33 and the 12 pounder 15 feet off the bank in 20 feet of water. Of course, we couldnt find em anywhere else either. :confused2:

12. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Today is the day, I am heading out this afternoon. Hope I can find the fish. ANY clues or suggestions welcome at this point.

It's been tough ever since that high water came through?????:0a36::0a35:

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Tight Lines Darryl! Let us know how it goes.

14. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Geez CUZ!? Thats the 'best' you could muster up from your bag of tricks???:doubt:

You're just jealous 'cause I'm fishing today (eventually) (dang work), and you are stuck in your boring job, flying around up in the clouds, twiddle dee, twiddle dum.

Tapping on the VOR once in a while to make sure the pointy thing ain't stuck. (After all, JFK should be South of here, right Co-Pilot)???? Dang'ed ole instruments anyway, can't trust 'em I tell you. Darn technicians anyway, who do think they are? I'll squawk ever dern thing I can think of when I get back. Yup, wash my windshield too you little people. Hope that darryl1 guy gets skunked today. Maybe I'll do a fly by at Mel Price to stir it up a little.

Somebody needs to take a look at that Blue-Water toilet too, smells skunky!

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'll drop you a frozen blue water sample as I transverse the mississippi river valley. :smile2: If I were going fishing today, I'd concentrate on the main channel ledges in water between 25-40 feet deep. Of course, thats just me. .:wink: The ledges on the outside bends with rock revetments would warrant special attention..

16. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    note to self dont go fishen with daryl when cuz is flying :big_smile:

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    You Alton boyz might have the aforementioned rock revetment bank with a channel ledge somewhere in an 'unnamed' 90 degree bend. That channel usually runs right long the edge of the barges :wink: Another good place to look is the upstream edge of the current rip generated by the Missouri flowing into the Mississippi. Where that current rip and the main channel ledge meet might be a good "highway" to find fish on there way home from work. :big_smile: Me thinks this Mr Rat has belted some good fish this summer on aforementioned rip. :wink:

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    The spots I am referring too, might look like this in the photo :roll_eyes:

Attached Files:

19. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Those might be some things to ponder there CUZ and I do believe that the RAT has done well at aforementioned areas but I hear tell that the Rat's main lair lies 'elsewhere'.:0a10:

20. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

:crazy::crazy::crazy: Man, that ain't a pic of our honeyhole is it Cuz??????:crazy::crazy::crazy: That sure ain't Alton.