shurefire bait

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by Tight Line, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Tight Line

Tight Line New Member

State:
    IL
    Hello everyone,,
    I've been visiting your site for quite some time :wink: , and finally decided to join recently. Everyone seems to have a great time fishing . I wonder if anyone has ever used rooster liver to fish with. One summer returning from alabama, i stopped at a place which sold the rooster livers, and brought some back to chicago. Several weeks later i fished the spillway at clinton lake and what a time i had :0a23: . If anyone knows a local (illinois/indiana) retailer ,drop me a line. Once again great site.

2. Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Don`t know about the livers but welcome to the BOC Willis from Indianapolis! :0a25:

3. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thats the first Ive heard about rooster liver. Ive heard about all other kinds of liver. Wouldnt know of anywhere to pick that up right off hand. Good luck to you in your search. If anyone knows where to find some Im sure youll hear about it before too long. Welcome to the BOC too!!

4. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Welcome to the Boc are they tougher than chicken livers or the same..

5. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Welcome to the BOC?

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the site. You have already experienced the wealth of knowledge to be found here. So good luck

7. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    I'll have to try that sometime. And welcome to the BOC!

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Willis. Explain some more about these things you call rooster livers. Never heard of it.

9. Tight Line

Tight Line New Member

State:
    IL
    blue jay,
    Rooster livers are just that. The livers from a dead rooster. They are a lot tougher than chicken liver, so they stay on the hook better without tying thread around the chicken liver, or using stocking mesh to help hold it on the hook. I have been trying to find some for the past 4 years . Last place i found it was near Huntsville Alabama, at a feed and supply store. If you find a source, drop me a line.

Willis

10. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Welcome to the BOC. And thanks for the tip with the livers. Will look for them.

11. meadedog

meadedog Member

State:
    Wise va/Bean tn
    They would be the same wouldn't they? I mean a chicken is a chicken

12. Clink

Clink Member

State:
    ok
    I have a couple dozen rooster livers, they're still in the roosters tho, lol

The "chicken" sold in the stores today are around 6 wks old when they are butchered, a rooster is at least a year old, there's a big difference in texture and taste of any part of em