Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,,
I've been visiting your site for quite some time :wink: , and finally decided to join recently. Everyone seems to have a great time fishing . I wonder if anyone has ever used rooster liver to fish with. One summer returning from alabama, i stopped at a place which sold the rooster livers, and brought some back to chicago. Several weeks later i fished the spillway at clinton lake and what a time i had :0a23: . If anyone knows a local (illinois/indiana) retailer ,drop me a line. Once again great site.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thats the first Ive heard about rooster liver. Ive heard about all other kinds of liver. Wouldnt know of anywhere to pick that up right off hand. Good luck to you in your search. If anyone knows where to find some Im sure youll hear about it before too long. Welcome to the BOC too!!

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
Welcome to the BOC Willis. Explain some more about these things you call rooster livers. Never heard of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
blue jay,
Rooster livers are just that. The livers from a dead rooster. They are a lot tougher than chicken liver, so they stay on the hook better without tying thread around the chicken liver, or using stocking mesh to help hold it on the hook. I have been trying to find some for the past 4 years . Last place i found it was near Huntsville Alabama, at a feed and supply store. If you find a source, drop me a line.

Willis

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have a couple dozen rooster livers, they're still in the roosters tho, lol

I mean a chicken is a chicken
The "chicken" sold in the stores today are around 6 wks old when they are butchered, a rooster is at least a year old, there's a big difference in texture and taste of any part of em

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.