Shrimpin IS easy....

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by CamFish3210, Aug 8, 2006.

1. CamFish3210

CamFish3210 New Member

State:
    Texas
    so i used frozen shrimp for the first time last night (freshwater fishing anyways, it was my favorite saltwater bait fishing inshore when i lived in florida) and i have to say....i have a lot of faith in it...i caught three keepers under 2 lbs and no undersized ones! not to mention i had lots of bites and some misses (little ones i guess)

i just wanna know about other peoples experiences with shrimp....your biggest fish, if youve got blues or flatheads (or any other species of freshwater fish on it), tips on using it, preferred weather conditions or times its best to use them or any other useful information

i got a big bag of of em left so any help is appreciated :lol:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Hey there, I use Shrimp quite often when I have a hard time catching natural bait like Shad. I have caught NICE Blue Cats and Channel Cats on it, So far my biggest Blue Cat on it was 10lbs and my dad got a 10lb Channel on Shrimp. As long as it's uncooked it will work, fresh shrimp from a seafood market/store it definitely the best. I started a thread not long ago about using Shrimp and got good input, I will try to find it for you.

Good luck fishing.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
  4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    This is my go to bait from Late May through at least september

5. CamFish3210

CamFish3210 New Member

State:
    Texas
    its a tiger shark, it weighed 280 lbs and it was 8' 8".....i caught in my deep sea fishing days (sigh...) in key west on cut barracuda....its the biggest fish ive ever caught, took an hour or so to get in

thanks with your information on shrimp btw, im glad i have a resource like the BOC for help and info from people who have a passion for fishing just like me

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's a NICE one man. One day I hope to get one that big, I have caught them up to 7ft and hooked them bigger though. I do a lot of Shark Fishing from Piers and the Surf on the NC coast, they are almost like a big Catfish in my opinion.

Glad I could help, we are glad to have you on the BOC, good info on here, stick around.

Zakk

7. CamFish3210

CamFish3210 New Member

State:
    Texas
    yeah ive thought about catfish being like freshwater shark: they like the smell of blood, they can grow to a size to be considered apex predators in their enviroment, and they dont have scales....one difference is that they have whiskers instead of teeth :roll_eyes: