shrimp

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Wallbass, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Shrimp with Garlic or plain ? Tell me your preferance!.......Jeff :smile2:

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I normally just use plain Shrimp.Funny though at the store we can get it either Cooked or Raw.Have had better luck on the Cooked.Haven't had much luck this year yet on shrimp at all.Gotta get better though.

3. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I usually use them plain, or if i add scent i'll take some garlic powder and make a thick liquid with the garlic and some water, i'll let the shrimp soak in that for a few days before using them. Or i'll take that powdered cheese you use for popcorn and totally cover them in that stuff too. Work well sometimes...

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I like to remove the shell and soak in garlic over night. I use a ziplock bag. Works well.

5. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I always soak my shrimp in vanilla extract overnight. Works for me.

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I love using raw shrimp, definitely my favorite channel cat bait.. I have recently started dusting them with garlic powder, but the only difference I have noticed is the increased urge to fry them up and eat them myself..

~A

7. barboot1

barboot1 New Member

State:
    WV
    I usually go with the garlic powder

8. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I was just thinking the same thing.LOL :smile2:

9. mattelmore

mattelmore New Member

State:
    Illinois
    that one up front there was caught on a piece of plain rancid shrimp. I get raw shrimp w/ shell & veins and let sit in sun for 2 or 3 hours then refrigerate & keep cool when fishing. This and cut shad & shad gut have been getting it done so far...

Attached Files:

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I don't typically use shrimp, but I guess it could work. Makes sense. I say some plain, some flavored until you find out what they want. Mostly I try to have 5 types of bait, this could be a good change to my system

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I prefer plain uncooked shrimp for Channels. I almost always catch Eater Channels with it. I caught a 7.7lb Channel in May on it. If I'm gonna be targeting Eaters I'll always have shrimp with me on one pole. I've tried it flavored with cherry kool aid, Anise Oil, Garlic Powder and plain has worked the best for me. It never hurts to experiment with different things in the waters you fish though.

:0a26:

12. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I usually just use them plain, I believe that they possess enough scent to start with so I don't add anything. I pop the heads off & thread them up on a #4 offset barb hook.

Just as CatfishJohn stated I usually only catch eater size cats with 'em.