Shrimp

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by catfishing is fun, Sep 2, 2006.

1. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    when i go to walmart there are like 15 different kinds of shrimp, which would work the best for some nice cats, and what areas should i try

2. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    To me, the cheapest are the best.:big_smile: Seriously though, I would say the bigger the better. Good luck!!

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

The cheapest raw shrimp is what I use. If it's small you can always put on two pieces. Good Luck

4. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    The cheapes is the best.

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I get the cheap ones Ilike the shell on the though:cool2:

6. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Like stated above,make sure you get raw and not cooked.

7. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Go to your local grocery store that has a seafood section. Talk to the Manager and see if you can get the shrimp before they throw it out from the display cases for fishing bait. A lot of times they will save it for us and refreeze it. Due to strict seafood guidelines, they have to throw it out after a given time.

5/0 Kahals work very well for shrimp rather it be medium or large. Pull off the tail part of the shell and it will run on a kahal to look natural in the water. Shrimp will spin in the water, so make sure you shorten your leader and have a good swivel on.

There are also a few times that you can use a treble hook and shad gut. Wrap the gut around the hook still letting the hook tips and barbs exposed. Cut the shrimp down the vein section in half giving you a half sliver. Take this sliver and run it around the treble hook on the tips hooking it making like a bowl effect for the shad gut.

8. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    I always use the cheapest shirmp i can find, at my walmart in the sea food section they have prefrozen shirmp in like a 2 pound bag for like 9 bucks, also you can take a couple of hand fulls of shirmp and mix in some vinilla extract, ive heard they like that but i havent tryed it yet.

9. young catfisherman

young catfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
    i get the shrimp thats still on the shell works the best
    and big

10. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use frozen, whole, uncleaned with shell on. I divide the lot into many bags before putting it back into the freezer. I find it doesn't refreeze very well. At times I refreeze it if it hasn't been out to long. If it is hot out I keep it on ice to keep fresh bait.

11. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I get the cheapest possible. I usually stop by a local supermarket once a week to see if they have any to throw out. If so, they give it to me.