Shrimp?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by ~Austin~, Sep 18, 2009.

1. ~Austin~

~Austin~ New Member

State:
    Texas
    Do you guys peal your shrimp before putting them on the hook?

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    dont bother Austin. shells make them stay on hook better.

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I second that.

4. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I peel them right before I eat them with cocktail sauce! Shrimp is for people! Cut up crap fish and guts are for fish! :smile2:

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Heck ya. The shells imitate a crayfish tale:wink: And it stays on the hook better. Try different dips ike garlic, vanilla, and anise oil:wink:

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Theres a guy here in Kansas that soaks em in Dead Red Spray from Team Catfish, and he says they tear em up. I couldnt tell ya, im a perch kinda guy. Good luck.

7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    dosent really matter.I leave mine on but if they come off its not going to make it any less effective

8. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    leave it on. use em raw

9. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I pop the heads & tails off but leave the shell on 'em

10. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    I havn't used shrimp in years but I always pulled the heads off and left the shell on.

11. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I agree with this post:wink:

12. festus

festus New Member

I've caught a little of everything on raw shrimp, but never been able to catch anything on cooked shrimp.

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I buy bait shrimp at the local bait store,Its small shrimp that are broken or otherwise gone bad,The good stuff from the grocery store is for ME.:wink:

14. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I agree with this..Back when I lived in Louisiana yeah I used the heck out of shrimp..But now that there not so easy to get and are not native to Tennessee waters I'd much rather see any shrimp I get to be on my dinner table.Though I can tell ya this, I went fishing several times using shrimp for cats and sometimes they would not touch it unless they were peeled..We used to always fish @ the shrimp factory where they process the shrimp and throw the shells and heads in the canal then its better to use the whole shrimp head and all..Getting a ice chest full of shrimp when my family comes to visit..I can guarantee ya none of them will be used for bait..I'll save the shells and heads to chum an area I fish with..Best thing to do though is just fish with the whole shrimp to begin with then if they won't hit it just peel a few and try it...

15. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I have always had real good luck soaking them in vanilla over night and then peeling them.

16. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Nope i peel my shrimp then i eat it. I find something else for bait. Them things cost to much$ and taste to good to throw them in the water.:confused2: