Shrimp with Vanilla and Anise

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by Catfishmomma, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    I've made a batch of shimp with their shells on and soak the in Vanilla and Anise Extract. I've caught quite a few catfish with this type of formula in the past.

Plus the smell is pleasant also. :cool2:

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you for posting that sounds wonderful! Good fishin to ya!--------pk powell:smile2:

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The only thing I would suggest is not buying shrimp.
    After soaking in anise, garlic, etc its not a shrimp anymore that you are fishing with.
    You could accomplish the same thing with most anything from pieces of sponge, to pieces of cloth to chicken livers.

I know when I pay 6 bucks a pound for those jumbo shrimp to fish with I'm fishing with shrimp.
    Just food for thought.

4. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    Usually I just use the frozen shrimp they don't cost as much
    :smile2:

5. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    A bait that is tried and that I like to use when I use shrimp

6. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    I am hungry for those shrimp now!!!!!! Just got off work and am very hungry and shrimp sound great right about now!!!!!!!!!

Mike

7. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    ive used shirmp with vanilla but not anise, ill have to try it.

8. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    it is a very good bait most of the time it's close to the top of my bait bucket

9. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I use it all of the time with pretty good results.

10. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I used it several times last fall never cought one fish on it ? And didnt have many bites. Tryed them with the shells on and without shells.What is the best way to fish them?
    Thanks for the help.
    Olddriller:roll_eyes:

11. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Went to a llake I never fished before, had frozen shad and frozen Wally World shrimp for bait, no seasoning on either. Caught six catfish in 4 hours, three were 5 lb blues, one on shad, the others on shrimp. Also caught three channels, all 16-20", on shrimp. Shrimp produces for both blues and channels. In the winter when my favorite, bluegills, are difficult to catch in my net, its my go to bait. In the past two years, I've yet to catch a catfish on worms, haven't caught anything over 20" on liver, and have had mixed results on shad. Maybe its me. Anyway, I'll take shrimp anytime.

12. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE REST OF YOU, BUT I DO PRETTY DARN GOOD ON JUST SHRIMP ALONE. BUT, I GUESS ANYTHING IS WORTH A TRY. YOU NEVER KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. fishoholic

fishoholic New Member

State:
    California
    That sounds like a great recipe.

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Shrimp is my go to bait when I can't catch bait fish. Works for me. Will try soaking in Vanilla. Thanks for sharing.:smile2:

15. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    One day last year I was catching some fish on punch bait, but watching one of the Local fishing guides nearby It was obvious they had something that was working better than what I had. I stopped by and talked to them after they limited out. They were using turkey weiners soaked overnight in Vanilla. I use shrimp a lot but the Turkey weiners would be a lot cheaper if if you are going to use the Vanilla soak. I guess it doesn't matter if you are catching fish.

16. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    My choice is the cheep hot dogs cut and soaked in vinagar and garlic powder.
    does good for me.