Shrimp-Chicken liver

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by bottom_rig, May 24, 2006.

1. bottom_rig

bottom_rig New Member

State:
    baltimore, md
    i had some decent success while fishing for cat saturday night, we had a pound of shrimp, night crawlers and a bucket of chicken livers. fished stopped hittin for a while. so i started soaking the shrimp in with the chicken livers, baited the hook, casted and started getting hits again. i need to try it this weekend when the waters are a bit more warmer.
    anyone tried this impromptu method and had any sucess?

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    bottemrig nice to see you experimenting with baits and something worked for ya. Never know what will work, just got to keep on trying your hand at it. Good luck on the water.

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I've never tried it but think I might try this weekend. Livers and shrimp are what we use most of the time.

4. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I've given the fish a multiple bait on one hook before. Done really well on french fries soaked in chicken liver blood and with nightcrawlers/shrimp or shrimp/livers on the same hook.

5. Chris54WVa

Chris54WVa New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Well,I have tried all this before and have caught channels,between 3 to 10 pound range,in small rivers.Last year,I went to a lake and this old timer was fishing down below us,he was having a blast,nothing for us.Well after seeing him catch about 8 to 10 fish and not a bite our way,I walked down and ask him what he was using for bait,and he looked at me,like what the he#l son.After telling him who I was and where I was from,he finally told me.Now,I had been standing there smelling something that was turning my stomach over the whole time.He said he takes treble hooks,with liver in panty hose soaked in garlic salt and powder.He was very kind and give me a tub of it,and sure enough,went back and we caught 12 fish that night.Now needless to say we don't go to the lake without it,mixed up 3 days before we leave.Try it,find out for your self. :cool2: :big_smile:

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive done that a few times too. Soak chicken or nightcrawlers in them and they tear them up. I think anything soaked in liver juice will catch fish.:big_smile:

7. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
  8. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    i have had good bites with shrimp but no runs or anything to get excited about.glad to hear your haveing luck with em though.are u fishing for flats,blues,or channels, if flats try a whole 4-6intch bluegill hooked behind the dorsal fin or thrugh the lips and out the top of the skull.if your fishin for channels or blues try cut bluegill/sunfish,whole shad,or cut herring.all have produced fish for me.

9. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Usually, I carry shrimp and chicken liver with me. The frozen shrimp keep the liver cool in my little drink cooler I use for cold baits. The shrimp is the best producer for me with channels that weigh from 3-6 lbs. Liver seems to attract smaller cats. Damn store was out of liver Sunday, tried gizzards, but no luck.