shrimp???? and **bait comparision**

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Dec 24, 2007.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    is shrimp a good bait for chanels here on the lower colorado river.

i looked back on all of the baits ive used in the past and i can honestly say that the Premo ( thanks to some of yall ) has been the best thing ive used.it caught my PB 5 1/2 lb and never goes bad. * ive never been skunked when using it :)

liver spoils and can get pricey after a while
    anchovies dont work ( for me atleast )
    this time of year shad (parts) arent getting anything

the next thing im going to try is shrimp ( ive herd it produces up to 10lbs )

How do some of you rig it????

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Leroy shrimp is an excellent bait in most areas. Most people I know will soak their shrimp in garlic a day or so before use. I hope this helps.:big_smile:

3. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    Leroy, i fish shrimp different ways. soak in garlic, (sometimes.) sometimes i shell completely, sometimes just rip legs off. put it on hook with the natural curl. easiest way.
    as for liver spoiling, stink attracts. i store mine in fridge. freeze some. after 5-6 thawings, it turns grey. pheww. but still works great. sometimes leave out in back yard a few days just to get ripe.
    keep experimenting. you'll find the right combo sometime, then it will change again. havasu always was hard to figure out, but old faithful bait was the night crawlers for me.
    gary

4. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    for the way i fish... the premo works best...

as far as livers goes i usually mix 1 cup of brown sugar per tub of liver and let it sit outside for a week in a glass jar... works all night long:wink:

Havasu i a real hard place to find a surefire way to catch cats and stripers
    except for the winter :tounge_out: