Shrimp Alfredo

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Ketch, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Never really posted before in here, thought I would give it a try. This is what I made for dinner last night. My wife and kids love it.

Ingredients
    8 ounces Fetticcini
    1/4 smoked bacon (not needed if using real bacon bits)
    1/2 vidalia onion
    1/2 pound raw peeled deveined shrimp
    2 cups Asiago Cheese (an Italian blend will work here)
    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (only needed if using real bacon bits)
    4 cloves garlic
    2 teaspoons Kosher salt

Alfredo Sauce
    1/2 cup butter
    1 cup heavy cream
    1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (not the stuff in a can)
    2 teaspoons black pepper

Start with the noodles and get them going. Make sure to bring the water to a boil before adding noodles to prevent them from getting starchy.

Start Alfredo sauce in a medium saucepan. Combine all the sauce ingrediants into a pan and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to lowest setting, stirring often.

Heat large skillet and add bacon. Add garlic and onion (both finely chopped). Onions and garlic should carmelize some while bacon is frying. Remove bacon, garlic and onions from skillet. Bacon needs to be finely chopped (if bacon is fried pretty crisp this is much easier). Once these ingrediants are chopped and drained, add to alfredo sauce. Do NOT throw away bacon grease. Reduce skillet to medium heat.

Add shrimp to skillet (if using bacon bits, fry shrimp in olive oil). This will only take 2-3 minutes to cook completely. Watch for shrimp to lose translusence to tell when they are done.

Serve by putting noodles into bowl. Then add shrimp and sprinkle with Asiago Cheese. Cover with sauce and serve. Flaked parsely makes a good garnish when serving.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Its funny that you posted this I just had shrimp alfredo for dinner.