Show your support for Our Troops

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Nov 15, 2006.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    The Christmas season is not far off.

Please Remember Our Troops..... I think an excellent way is sending a USO Care Package with your personal message.

Anyone agree?

2. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    As a current service member I would like to personally thank you for thinking of us. Christmas is an especially hard time for all the troops deployed away from they're loved ones. Ive been deployed 3 out of the past 4 Christmas', and I am fortunate enough to be here this one. I cant even start to tell you how many firsts ive missed in the past few years. First time playing Baseball, first time playing Football, and first time on the Honor roll just to name a few. I'm leaving again around june and will miss yet another Christmas, but my kids understand and although there tough I know it affects them. But they would never show it. So again thank you very much. your friend Rich

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I remember getting a care package, fowarded by the USO two days before Christmas in 1997. It was a package of home made cookies in a shoe box. There wasnt a piece of cookie that was larger than a quarter, but it was the best present i ever recieved. I think of it every year around the holidays. So yes it is a excellent idea!!!:smile2:

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I do the best I can in supporting our troops.
    I have in past and will continue to do so.
    Thanks for the link you put up.
    This year I got a list and I'm checking it twice. :wink:

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks everyone.

I can remember my first Christmas spent away from home and in the service. I wasn't in combat but I was a homesick 17 year old. A little package sure made me feel better. I was lucky for some guys didn't get anything.

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Rich, here is a special thanks for you.

I would think being a parent and away from home at Christmas is the worse of all. God Bless You.

7. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    excellent suggestion

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Dayton I remember my first also and it was in combat with no light at the end of the tunnel and was greatful for anything from back home that reminded me of the USA.

We are currently working on three big boxes of stuff going to the sand box and should be there before Christmas.

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Willard, that is even better than sending the USO package.

I hope every member of our military being deployed receive a package for Christmas. It's so little for us to give for what they are giving. God Bless all the members of our Military.

Come on folks, Christmas is not far off, please show your support.

10. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Thanks for the link. With my son leaving before christmas to his base. It is hard on us. We support our troops 100%. May god be with them where ever they are this christmas, And with the familys.