Show your homemade live bait tank

Discussion in 'Livewell and Bait Tank Review' started by Bill in SC, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I made this tank out of a 20 gallon plastic barrel. It has a lid with a metal band around it to transport bait without water sloshing out. The tank is aerated with an aquarium pump powered by a small DC converter plugged into a cigarette lighter type outlet. The air line is hooked to a typical aquarium air stone, attached to the inside of the take by suction cups. The lid of the tank is vented with a few small holes to allow noxious gasses to escape. This tank keeps bream, shiners, and other flat fish alive VERY WELL, even in intense heat. It's round design keeps bait from beating themselves up in corners like some other tanks have. Also, it is portable and easily removed to use in another boat, or to leave at home if you are in no need of it for your other boating activities. For fishermen on a budget, this is an easy alternative to costly factory built tanks.

Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Bill you told me about your bait tank wene we went fishing. I already had all the stuff, all i had to do was put it together. Let me tell you it works great. Now my bait tank looks just like yours. THANKS FOR THE TIP !!!!

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Cool deal, Wesley! When we goin' fishin'?

BB

4. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    I'am not sure. I just got back from the beach last nite. I got to be at perdue in an hour. I've been thinking about going to badin to try a lil drift fishing or going to tillery to catch some white perch schooling or going to blewett falls to a place called smiths lake and try to catch some crappie. Not sure what i want to do. Still thinking. :confused2: