Show Your Fishing Camp

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by vlparrish, Jul 27, 2006.

1. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Just recently my wife and mother-in-law purchased a trailer and rented a lot on the Ohio River for a fishing camp! The trailer is not new, so it will take a little elbow grease and some tlc to whip it into shape, but with the electric now hooked up, it sure beats a tent. My wife(Cattinfever999) has me spoiled, whewhew and am I glad! Here are a few pics of our camp, notice the river in the background in one. If you have a fishing camp I would love to see the pics. And learn some tips of how you set up your camp. Vern

Attached Files:

2. crricha13

crricha13 New Member

State:
    Danville, VA
    thats awesome i wish i had a place like that to stay on the river then catfish any time i wanted lol

3. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    hey now your lazy lol!:lol: us MEN go out and SET up our own tents like REAL MEN! lol nice camp!:lol:

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Me too.I envy you.peewee-williams

5. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nice set up partner. My parents have a cabin down on the Ohio over by Galconda. They are down there every weekend. I just wish it wasnt so far away, otherwise I would be doing some serious catfishin.

Enjoy buddy

6. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Well I've lived in a tent for over 6 months for 3 of my deployments, and let me tell you I'll take that trailer any day. That looks freaking awesome. Kind of like a nice weekend gettaway.

I'm very jealous, especially when you get the place the way you want it.

SudDawg

7. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    My fishing camp is a 24' motorhome. It's portable and sets up fast. Also keeps the ole woman happy and even with the price of gas it's cheaper than a motel.

8. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    YES Vern, I do have you spoiled. Can't wait to get the underpinning and the patio going. Looking forward to "roughing" it with you and the kids.
    Wonder if this is what Dreadnaught was talking about in the "lazy" thread? Nah, we're not lazy, just spoiled.:big_smile:
    Kelli

9. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Here are shots of our Mississippi River clubhouse and the little boat I use every weekend. There is a chute directly in front of the clubhouse and on the other side of that there are two islands between us and the main river channel

Attached Files:

10. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Awesome pics, vern! And I'm sure I've told you this many-a-time, but the fish camp you've been talkin' about sounds, AWESOME! Sorry can't help you out with the tips on how I'd set up a fish camp....mine'd sound somethin' like, "pray to the good lord above there's dry wood to be found...then look for it....find out there ain't, and make a cold camp on the muddy river bank. Pull a few green limbs off the sap dripping tree you're sitting under and make some forked sticks to lean your poles on. Next, set your favorite, sturdy, five gallon bucket upside-down and sit on it. Then, once you think you're all set, kick yourself for forgetting your cooler of beverages(non-alcoholic of course:big_smile:) at home." But, like I said...I doubt you'd use any of the steps or suggestions I use in settin' up fish camp...haha. Anyways, congratulations on the camp and the "spoil vern motivated" wife! Tight lines!

-Red

11. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina

Hell I have lived in worse looking places than that:lol:

12. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    :big_smile: Man Vern thats gonna be an awsome place when you get er done.. I'm jelous lol...

13. graybeard

graybeard New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm envious, it would be great to have a getaway like that.

14. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I have always wanted a camp on agood river or lake:lol:

15. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Vern, That looks great. I don't know how to tell you to set it up. So, I might have to come down and help you for a couple weeks.:big_smile: :big_smile: But then I've got his job thing that always gets in the way.:sad2:

16. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Now that could be a great place to have a gathering.:big_smile:
    Pete

17. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Yeah, I'm with Pete. Let us know when you got 'er ready, Vernon :big_smile:.

18. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    When I get rich and famous I'll have a camp like that:big_smile:

19. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    all you need is a homemade barrel cooker and some tiki lights u be good to go:tounge_out:

20. rat fink

rat fink New Member

State:
    illinois
    i tried the tent thing and ended up with a snake sitting in with me it was a garden snake but with out my glasses it looked like a freakin king kobria i freaked out :eek:h: that was the last time i sleped in a tent i sleep in my jeep its kinda cramped in the back but ill take that over soiling my self in the morning lol