Show off your hunting rig

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Txbluecatman, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    Here are pics of my hunting rig. Its a PSE Nova. 30 inch Draw length with a 60lbs draw weight. Its equiped with a hindsight and a whisker biscut rest. I will be using the 100 grain magnus stinger buzzcuts on carbon express arrows. I've used this rig for hogs and deer.

Attached Files:

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I don't have any good pictures of mine but my wife got a new camera and is running around like a Chinese tourist. I'll get her to take some shots.

3. CATDADDY78

CATDADDY78 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    dont have any pics up yet but im using a bowtech defender with a 30 inch draw wisker bisquit scott little goose release on a d-loop with carbon express arrows tipped with steel force 100 grain broadheads. this is a parallel limbed bow so the vibration is next to none. shoots like a dream.i harvest a deer every year with this bow. and just a little tip..... steel force broadheads are the best broadheads ive ever used, ive been bowhunting for 22 years now and ive tried all broadheads from mechanical to fixed blade, and steel force fly the truest all the way up to 60 yards. not that i shoot that far at deer but i do in my yard.

4. MikeV

MikeV New Member

State:
    pennslvania
    Golden Eagle Obsession, solo cam,70lb,32 in.draw,whisker bisc,HHA sight one pin (red),split limb limb savers,limb saver stabilizer,alpine archery quiver,zebra string,kisser button, string loop,no peep,gold tip arrows 5575. Last year i tried the 3 blade rage. 40 bucks for 3 and i only got 1 shot out of each of them,the blades bind up and bend.:eek:oooh: I also tried the trophy ridge undertakers,they opened on contact but closed half way thru,and some of the blades broke,they were also 40 dollars for 3,:eek:oooh: just think of all the thunder heads i could of bought:eek:oooh:

5. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    This has been my rig since 1975. It has taken 130 deer, 2 Fox, 2 Wild Boar, and 3 Turkey.
    bow cropped.jpg

6. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Billie is that a custom or a production model? Im wanting to get back into shooting recurve and was wondering if I should go with a custom or a production model. I know a guy who is making really nice customs but dont know if I need to put that kind of money out.

7. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    I have a Mathews Ultra 2, with extreme sights and all the limbsaver excessories... however i am preparing to purchase a Mathews Monster. Speed Kills baby...

8. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Ahh, "Old school";I love it!

9. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    wow, dont run into traditionalists too often anymore! i shoot a 54#bison longbow, also a big east custom recurve. tried the compound once, just wasnt for me, i grew up on recurves and longbows.

10. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    It's a late 50s Bear Grizzly 55#. I bought it at a yard sale in Georgia in 1975 for $12.00. I think I've got my money out of it! :wink:

11. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Mathews Drenalin 28"@70 pounds.
    Whisker Biscuit Deluxe rest
    copper John Dead Nutz sight
    Gold Tip XT hunter 5575 @ 28"
    100 gr. Rage 3 blade and 100 gr Grim Reaper 1.75" cut

One of these days I'm going to get a recurve/longbow and harvest a deer. I'm just not confident enough to try that yet so I'll stick with my training wheels. :smile2:

12. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    PSE firestorm x,29 in,66#.G5 sights,whisker biscuit,gold tip pro hunter 5575,winners choice custom stings,Scott little bitty goose release,rage 100g 2 blade puts em down.love this bow but am replacing it with either a pse xforce omen or xforce gx.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  13. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    Athens Accomplice 34"
    70lb 28" DL
    Athens Omega rest
    Beman ICS hunter 400 arrows
    Rage 100 gr 2 blade broadheads
    cobra sight

14. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Bowtech Allegiance 30" 62#
    Limbdriver rest, Extreme sight, STS
    CE Maxima's with Easton Tracer nocks & 85gr Slick Tricks
    LOVE it!!

15. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    PSE Dream Season 29' draw, 70 lb. draw weight with a trophy taker shaky hunter rest and Extreme four pin sight. A Fuse detachable quiver filled with Easton Axis Full Metal Jacket arrows tipped with 100 grain G5 Striker broadheads is attached to the bow. I also own a Hoyt Gamemaster recurve with which I hope to take a deer with soon!