Show off your boat

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by kickin_wing, May 29, 2007.

1. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
  2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    nice boat dude,

i like those x-press boats. i have a G3. ill try to get some pics of it on here soon.

3. weebrio

weebrio New Member

State:
    TX
    Here is my effort

4. weebrio

weebrio New Member

State:
    TX
  5. rocket256

rocket256 Well-Known Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    Here is my boat.
    2007 Tracker Pro Team 190tx w/ 90 Opti.

Attached Files:

6. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Nice boat Bryan, tell us a bit more about it.

Joe

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
  8. weebrio

weebrio New Member

State:
    TX
    It is only a ten foot Jon -Boat, my first boat since I have taken up fishing.
    My son who is fourteen, was struggling at school, mostely due to the fact he was addicted to the X Box and a computer game called Rune Scape, this would take all his time and energy.
    My wife and I went round and round with him on this issue, we would take it away and within a week he would come home with scores of over 90% on tests he had compleated at school, but his overall grades were very poor.
    I became a student to simply try and get the edcuation I never had the oppertunity to obtain when I was in my late teens.
    This opened my eyes to the shamefull waste of my sons abilities as a student simply due to the eletronic games he played all day, he would even get up early to play while we were asleeep.
    My wife and I had quite serouis discussion with each other and him, the result was X Box and Computer gone till school is over for the year.
    My son was like a zombie for about a week, I offerd him lots of things, going for a motorcycle trip for a few days, going to the movies and all sorts of things.
    A light bulb came on in my head, I fished as a teen and loved it, so I produced a fishing rod, I told we were going fishing and that was that, now he had a decision to make, he could stand on the bank with his rod and reel and sulk or he could fish, but we were going come what may.

He did not catch any the first day but the second day at around midday he hooked a small large mouth bass, the rest is history as they say.
    I digress, the boat was bought from a man who I met while fishing at a local pond, just a bare bones Jon-Boat with a couple of seats held on with the clamps that leave a lot to be desired, a battery and an aicent Minn Cota trolling motor. I bought it and took it for a day out on the lake, that was the day I decided what I wanted to do with this little boat.
    I made that front deck with fencing planks and inch square battons, I then installed the pedistal and seat. I attached cleets and rings around the deck so I could use the anchor from the rear seat. I then placed the battery under the deck and routed a wire from there to the rear of the boat. The rear seat I secured by attching a board to the the rear seat aera and I attached a swivel seat to that. To attach that seat to the board I drilled a one inch hole in the board it to get to the bolts for the seat, it worked fine.
    I made a couple or rod holders out of pipe and secured them to the rear of the boats middle seat, and between them is the space for my tackle box.
    Then I attached a couple of metal rod holders to the rear , one each side and one on the front deck.
    After that I painted it, inside and out with rustoilem paint.
    The prop on the motor was worn down considerably, but I could not get the exact one to replace it, so I bought what I though would do, I modified it to fit.
    All in all it has cost about $450 , I though aboy carpet and lots of other things, but for this summer it will adquate, when winter comes along I may change a few things.
    Last time I went fishing I caught nine bass and my son caught two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Looks like you got it painted up nice.

10. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Bryan, that's an impressive transformation. Nothin' like fishing with your kids.

Jon

11. mwallace61

mwallace61 New Member

State:
    Huntsville,Alabama
    Don't have a picture of mine yet, but it's a Fisher Pro Hawk 180 pushed by a Merc 115 optimax. Only had it a few weeks now but I really like it.

12. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Here is my 16 ft. Tracker Pan fish special with a 40 HP Mrcury motor and stick steering and a 40 lb thrust Motor Guide trolling motor.
    Live well and seats two and one on the live well for a total of three.
    Complete with drive on trailor.
    Two cans of sardines in case I get hungry.( I have to share with Jen).
    Usually Its just me and Clamity Jane, Jen is what I call her, she my Border Collie fishing partner.

13. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I guess I'm such a newbie that I can't see a lot of the pictures y'all have posted. I'm sure I'll get to shortly.

Here is the anniversary present my husband gave me a few years back. It's made me fall in love all over again..

With fishing :lol:

[​IMG]

14. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    me and maws fishin barge,

Attached Files:

15. bwillaub

bwillaub New Member

State:
    missouri
    Here's the "Money Pit".

Attached Files:

16. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Here's the one we have and the one we are fixing up SORRY its so messy but we fish a lot:embarassed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    Bryan, I like what you did w/you boat. I bought a 14 ft jon boat, an had th same idea, but instead of just a plain deck up front, I put in a live well and a storage compartment. I put a seat like yours and on either side of it I put th lids for th one storage compartment, then a divider wall an a live well. I bought a storage tote from wally world an some air hose and a battery operated aerator. I am gonna use your idea for th tackle box storage an rod holders. I didnt like climbing over everything when i am runnin trot lines so thats why i built th deck w/th storage space under it. soon as i get it completed an painted i will have all th pics of it an my other 20 ft boat on here, till then good job nice lookin rig. All of them, If it floats an runs, sweet. thats all that matters to me. have fun guys thanks for sharing th pics.

BTW, Bryan, good story to. My kids dont go fishing unless they can keep their grades up to. Quality father-son/daughter time.

18. weebrio

weebrio New Member

State:
    TX
    I have other plans, the things I did were done on the spur of the moment, but when winter arrives I plan to get a litle more elaroabte.
    As for now, its pond worthy and it works fairly well.
    That anchor arrangement is just about perfect.

19. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    heres my rig I use most of the time

Attached Files: