SHOW ME!!

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by CatfishRookie1, Jun 18, 2008.

1. CatfishRookie1

CatfishRookie1 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    I'm sorry but I am yet still new to the fishing adventures. I am reading a lot and learning what bait catches what fish, but I'm still not quite too perfected on the different hook and weight tie offs that it takes for each fish. Can some one give me some visual references so that I may print and keep in my boat.

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Daryle,

Your hook choice is determaned by the size bait you ars useing. There are a few rig setups that you can use, I think the prefered set up is the caralina 1) slide youe slip weight on 2) place a glass bead on next, 3) now tie you a good swivel on 4) and now tie you a 12 to 18" leader( 50 to 60lb test ) on with your hook. The size weight is chossen by your current. Hope this helps you

3. CatfishRookie1

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    Thank you for that post Catman , but I don't know what a carolina knot is or how the Bead looks. Can you post a picture of this setup if you have it.
    Kind of looking for illustrations that I may try to replicate on my own by looking at pictures or drawings.

4. CatfishRookie1

State:
    Clarksville, Te

Thanks for the help but do you have any pictures or drawings on how to tie the carolina knot and setup.

5. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
  6. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    here is the link in the member library with different rigshttp://www.catfish1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=546076&postcount=2

7. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    The two most common rigs for anchor fishing are the carolina and the three way rigs. The Carolina rig has a weight on your main line that will slide up and down the line, then place your bead and tie to a good swivel. Next tie your leader line on and then a hook. Like many have mentioned earlier the weight is dependent on how much current and what type of bottom. When fishing for large fish in very rocky conditions (like a dam) I like the three way rig. There are many ways to do this but the one I like to use is the three way swivel. Tie on a three way swivel to your main line. Then tie on a 8 to 18" peice of mono that is lighter than your main line then tie that to the weight that you are using (typically a bank type sinker). Next tye on your leader line (also heavier than your weight line) and tye on the hook. Here are some rough pics that I drew up, I hope they help. There are many ways that you can rig the three way set up but this is one of the simple ways to do it.

[​IMG]

8. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Ryan I just love your doodles.:big_smile: You are quite the artist but the info is dead on.

9. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Josh, Now I see why Ryan is on the skunk list. Look how fat his hook are. LOL... :smile2::wink::smile2:

10. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    The 8lb sinker got my attention :smile2:

11. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Gary I think that right. I think thats what he said it took to hold in the record flood stage. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    You guys are too kind.:smile2: Those 8 lb sinkers do come in handy over here with the "real" current. tm And here I was worried that you guys wouldn't like my art work. Now as far as that whole skunk award, I am sitting pretty safe for this year. But those hooks go nicely with the 8 lb weights, heck they practically set themselves.:smile2:

Just let me know if you guys want me to sign the next one and it's done.

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
  14. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Daryl, the Member Library is a wealth of information compiled over the years. Take a few minutes or hours and go through the 14 pages of topics and familiarize yourself with them. There are pictures and drawings, all good information. Good Luck!!

15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use the carolina slip sinker rig,

but I stoped using a bead years ago..i found the hard bead was doing more damage to the knot than the soft sinker..I use sinkers from 3 to 10-ounces

16. CatfishRookie1

State:
    Clarksville, Te
  17. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    If you look around, you can find beads with holes big enough to go over the knot. Then the bead rests against the swivel, not the knot.