Show Me Your Setups...

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by okiekrawler, Feb 2, 2006.

1. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    i have been a member for a few weeks and i have heard alot of talk about slip rigs, carolina rigs, using bobbers tol hold baits off the bottom,ETC..... since i spent most of my time running jugs this is all greek to me. i wonder if you guys would mind posting some pics of your setups. THANKS:confused:

2. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    hook--------------swivel-sinker------------------rod---------reel:)
    sorry, i dont have a digital camera. ------ = fishing line.
    i dont know the name of this perticular set up but its what i use. id recommend using a no roll sinker or an egg sinker. they have those sinkers plus a whole lot more at catfishconnection.com

3. Matt Smith

Matt Smith New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Check the library here. There are several diagrams that explain the different rigs.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I dont have any pics of my gear.

5. tank3544

tank3544 New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    i'll try to remember to take a picture tomorrow of my rig .. in case i forget

hook tied to approx 12 inch leader .. tied to an 80lb rated swivel which is tied to the main line .. above the swivel on the main line there's a bead to protect the knot then a snap swivel on the main line .. the snap swivel slides and it allows easy changing of weights for different current speeds

6. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
  7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Probably the two most common types of terminal rigs are:
    1. Some variation of the Carolina rig, which has a hook at the end of the line, with a sliding sinker above the hook so that a fish can pull the hook without having to move the sinker. Some sinkers have a hole through them for this purpose, while other sinkers are attached to a 'slider' that can slide up and down the line. While this method puts the bait directly on the bottom, some people will attach a small float near the hook to cause it to float up off the bottom. IMO, this is not a good rig to use on rough bottom, because it is more prone to hangups, but it's a good method of fishing a single hook, and is least likely to spook the fish. It's virtually impossible to fish this rig on a totally tight line because there's no way to keep the line tight between the sinker and the hook.
    2. The other type is some variation of a 'bottom rig', which has the sinker at the end of the line, with one or two hooks above it, either on droppers, or attached directly to the line in a 'dropshot' configuration. Obviously, the hooks can't be so far above the sinker that they interfere with casting, so your rod length will be a factor in how far above the sinker you can place the hooks. The main idea here is that your hooks will be up off the bottom, and that a fish biting will be easily felt because there's no sinker between the hook and the rod. This rig is most often fished with a tight line; fishing it with a slack line will let the hooks lay on the bottom. Another advantage of this rig is that often, the sinker is the only part of the rig that gets hung up, so that when you break off, all you lose is your sinker. To aid this, some people attach the sinker with a lighter line or scrape the line just above the sinker with a knife to weaken the line.