The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to have a decent supply ( minimum 6 dozen) goldfish on-hand all the time. I don't like having to make multiple runs to the bait shop every week to buy my live bait. It would be nice to make a run once a month and buy bulk. Does anyone else keep a nice stock of live bait in their shop/house/barn etc......? I would like to see what other folks do. Any pics or ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I keep a tank at all times in my building for goldfish...to keep sun off of it to keep water clear... I us a 150 gallon water trough with a homemade filter/aerator...5 gallon bucket with small 110 volt water pump..pumps water from tank into the bottom of the bucket full of kitchen sponges and bacteria balls with a small pipe as an overflow the dumps back into the tank...also have an old trough buried in the ground that let's a small spring fill it I keep chubs suckers and gills in

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
150 gallon water trough with a homemade filter/aerator...5 gallon bucket with small 110 volt water pump..pumps water from tank into the bottom of the bucket full of kitchen sponges and bacteria balls with a small pipe as an overflow the dumps back into the tank.
I would love to see a picture of this. The filter sounds like a genius idea!!!Where do you get the water pump?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts