Shoulda just stayed home

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by jlingle, Aug 6, 2006.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Anybody else ever have one of those nights fishing?

It started off wrong when I was catching bait. Heck, I enjoy catching bait, so I have a tendency to throw a few more times than I should. Should've quit tonight a few throws sooner. I ended up getting my net snagged on a tree root in the water and completely destroyed the stupid cast net. Whoops.

I made it to the spot I was gonna fish at the lake and carried all my gear down to the place where I wanted to try.... about 500 yards or so. Got the lantern kicked on and all my rods baited & casted out, and my propane bottle on the lantern starts going dry on me. So I snatch up the lantern & hoof it up the bank and back to the pickup to replace the bottle. No problemo. When I get back, I can hear my bait clicker going off on a rod so I hump it down the bank to my fishing spot and bend over real quick to set the hook on a rod....... the damn lantern falls over and busts a mantle. CcccCCcrrrraAAaaAPPpppPPp. I ain't walking back to the stupid truck. Missed the fish too.

Anyhoo..... when all is said & done, I fish my fanny off until 1AM & catch one 10" long channel cat. I don't even know how the little twerp got my hook in his mouth. Nearly all of my bites, the fish were picking up the bait and carrying it to me. I hate those bites, I nearly always miss them.

The good news is that I didn't have a wreck on the way home or get any tickets, and my house didn't burn down while I was gone, and myfamily is sleeping peacefully and safely. Life could be considerably worse I guess. Hope everybody had a better luck tonight than me. Guess I'll have to try again tomorrow!!!!:cool2:

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Welcome to my life, JK. At least your luck isn't as bad as Arlingtons,lol

3. serb

serb New Member

State:
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Sounds like fishing to me... you have those days

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sounds like te night i had last night.. heck i couldnt even catch bait... haha.. hope you have better luck on the next trip, as do i...

5. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    I would have been worn out after carrying all the gear 500 yards!! :lol:

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    It happens to all of us, just some more then others. LMAO

7. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Hey jingle it sounds good to me.

8. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Some days it's fishin', and some days it's catchin'. But a crappy day of fishin' is better'n any day at work.

9. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Amen brother you hit the nail on the head!

10. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I almost had as bad a night on the river last night and I was in a boat at the RC Byrd dam,hardly a hit all night on cut shad, shined a light on the water and it was wall to wall gars so I just packed it in and went home around 3 am.

11. matt626

matt626 New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, Sout
    Thats a good way to look at it
    Ive done stop night fishing altogether because of nights like that
    They put up no trespassing sings up where I would do my night fishing at
    I haven't found a new spot that I can get setup and comterable at

12. jmfraz

jmfraz New Member

State:
    Houston, Texas
    Sorry brother. You've got ta have better luck next time!! LOL!! I tried night fishing about a week and a half ago, no bites and the skeeters nearly carried me off.

13. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My last night out was almost that bad. Gonna spare the details. Ended up with 1 channel just a little bigger than the one you got. But i'm definetly going back... it surely can't get any worse!

14. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I have nights like that chalk em up to the fish gods.

15. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I think nights like those are requirements for becoming a catfish Id say that everyone on this site has had a trip like that at least once. And if they deny it they fit requirement number two of being a catfisherman: Denial and fish storries

16. Gabowman

Gabowman Member

State:
    Georgia
    Now that the bad trip is behind you it's time to go catch a stringer full! :still_dreaming: