Should the BOC have their own magazine ??

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by lawnman61, Sep 7, 2006.

1. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    IMHO, I think we should have our own BOC magazine. We have enough members in here that have way more than enough knowledge about catfishing and we could make it work.
    Don't get wrong, the A.C.A.T.S magazine is a great and informative magazine but really how many catfishing magazines are out there ?? Not anywhere as many as Bass magazines.
    The bass fisherman know more about bass than about catfishing and from what I've been reading in the BOC, we have the people to cover everything about catfishing.
    This is not a lazy mans fishing, it takes special techniques and knowledge of the many different types of catfish and the many different baits and different riggings to be able to catch them along with the different waters to fish in (Rivers, lakes, ponds, ect.).
    Catfishing is a sport and needs more recognition than what it gets, catfishing shows, tournaments, magazines.

Who do you think in the BOC would be the perfect editor for our Magazine ??
    I know we have the people in here that could make it work.
    We have great photographers and writers and the fisherman that could do it.

What do you think ?

2. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    YES

it should be a WEEKLY issue sent out to all members FREE of Charge!!!

LOL

but seriously

this would be really cool and stuff

GO FOR IT!!

Jeff

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I love the idea!!!

4. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Zakk, you would make a great writer for it.

:smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

5. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I think we should have one. I would buy it.

6. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Man, I have thought about that myself, and actually im surprised that we dont..I think it is a great idea, and would be a suh-weeeet magazine!!!

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks,

if we did have one I would definitely be honored to have a part in it.

8. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    What An Idea,true That The Only Magazine That Represents Catfishing Is A.c.a.t.s ,so Having One That Represents Its Members And The Vast Knowledge That Is Represented Here Would Be Great.

9. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Hey that is an awsome idea. I would even be willing to contact bait and tackle places or any business interested in advertising in it. That would pay for the printing and distribution. I was an executive advertising sales rep. for a long while, so I definitly have the know how to go business to business.

10. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I would be willing to bet that Bass Pro Shops would advertise in it.
    I'm a hell of a salesman myself and would do my part to help get it going.

11. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    A magazine would be great, and I think that we have the capacity to make and publish a magazine, but there are some incredible costs associated with publishing a magazine, and the logistics of so many people in different locations to work together on an article or magazine would be difficult, also finding advertisers to help cover the cost of publishing could be tricky. Do I think that this is an impossible goal to acheive? ...No I don't but we would need some very dedicated people to help set this up, people who are able to meet deadlines, able to write an article or story that is easy to read and flows well, some of the writers may need to be good at photography or have a good photographer go with them, also these people would probaly have to work on a volunteer basis aka without pay. I for one would love to contribute an article or two. We don't have to have a whole magazine on catfish, we could include other articles on other interests of the BOC community i.e.; hunting, photography, other fishing interests, recipies, regional articles, etc. ect.. We already have a good start with some of the Informative Member Articles and in the BOC library we have some good tips and techniques. We can do this, but WE would have to contribute alot of time, effort and money to the cause.

Aaron Drier

TA2D

PS Zakk you have some good articles posted, maybe you could be one of the regional authors

12. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Well I'm in school and that comes first of course, but I would be willing to contribute whatever I could to it.

13. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Yes this is a great idea. And if the magazine would work out, i would say only the star members gets like 6 mths free or so... and i know a few people around here that would pay to have their buss. advertised. Thanks and good luck i know the brothers could do it.

14. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Yes, this is as AWESOME idea!

15. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Yes, this is an awesome idea! I would buy a subscription! And I think I know of a few buddies here that would also want to receive it. It would make an awesome gift too!

16. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    We have the sponsors in here that would make advertising for them also.
    I know something like this is not the easiest to get started but it could work and I would donate some of my time as well.

17. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    cool idea.. Though, not long ago Paul was asking for articles for the "Feature" section. Even offered free Gold for contests. He didn't get the response it should have imho... The Feature Article section on here *could* be an online version of a great magazine, if people would write up the articles. There are already some GREAT!!! Articles in it...

18. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I wonder if A.C.A.T.S would give us some tips on getting something like this started.

19. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Gents,

This is in the works, but as mentioned, its hard enough to get articles of a routine nature for the Featured Article Section.

Lets support the immediate effort, then when ready, support the BOC in the long effort.

The Immediate Measuring Stick Is:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=297

If you dont see your picture in the link above, its something to put some effort in prior to getting the BOC to contract a $10,000 print job. Once the above link flows, then we have the backing to move forward with the project.

20. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I can't wait for it to happen!!!