Should Mike Vick be banned for Life?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by kkyyoottee, Aug 29, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Just wondering what other people think about this. My personal opinion is yes. Anyone who signs a mega contract then fights dogs to bet peanuts on doesnt belong in NFL. What do you think?

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    From Hockey yes! This is the hockey area. LOL! Get them glasses out. LOL!

3. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    How long do you think he will get versus how long do you think he should get? I think he will get maybe a year but should stay in long enough so he is to old to play football again.

4. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yep all he will get is a year i doubt more since he found god and all :smile2:

5. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sorry didnt have my cheaters on!!:cool2:

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Big George.. Am I missing something?? It shows at the top of the page that this is. BigG - Tea talk NFL
    NFL Does stand for Foot Ball???????????????

I think he should be never be allowed to play again.
    Pete

7. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Big George:

Have you seen my Hockey Puck? I lost it on this Tread.

LMAO:

Gene

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yes, Vick should never be allowed to play foot ball again. But money talks. :angry:

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I don't agree with dog fighting whatsoever. And I don't think he should be let off with a slap on the wrist either. And I DON'T understand why a man who makes so much money would even THINK about doing such a thing.

BUT......where was he raised? Wasn't that the norm, isn't that what he knows? Doesn't everyone's childhood/environment influence who they are? Not sayin' that that is an excuse, we can all conquer such things if we want to. Also depends on intelligence, the IQ factor. Uh.....I'd think the majority of the men in the NFL might not be ENDOWED with that. They have other talents, obviously.

I personally can think of people who NEEDED to go to prison much more than this feller, and never served a day of time. As most of y'all know, I am an animal lover, and I don't like this at all. I definitely believe he should be punished for it. Dogs being put to death because they aren't "fight worthy" is crap. Just my two cents....... but six years in prison seems a bit extreme to me. There are "normal" people in this world who put dogs to death everyday, for NO reason at all, except convenience. They're just as bad, IMO.

But yes, as far as playing and making all that money goes, I say throw him out. He doesn't deserve it.

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i hope they lock him up and forget about him, sick of seeing his face on t.v.

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    How long do you think any of us would get if we was in his shoes and what would happen after punishment . Hhow would it effect the rest of your life, ( legally, career wise ) after punishment was carried out.

So, lets get ready for some football and forget vic.

12. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma

I agree!

But, he is a celebrity, and they'll probably kiss his A-- and tell him not to do that again and let him off?

I think they should ban him for life from playing football?

The betting, I can live with, but the animal cruelty, he should have the same thing done too him.

Just because he's a celebrity, he shouldn't be treated any different from anyone else?
    These celebrities need to learn, they are not any better then anyone else and they need to follow the same law's as everyone else.

We were watching a football game the other nighty and that was all they were talking about and I'm tired of hearing about him.

Lock him up and forget about him!

Ken

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    He personally killed dogs that could not defend themselves, I hope you die!!!!

14. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    He personally killed dogs that could not defend themselves, I hope you die!!

Ozzy you personally eat animales that are killed that could not defend themselfs. Do you deserve to die for that. cows and chickens are animales just like dogs. Vic does not deserve to die over this. not that long ago he would not even be geting in troble for this. he will spend some time in jail and pay a big fine. when thats done he should be able to go back to work. when a nfl player can beat up his wife and still have a job then a guy who killed a few dogs should get to go back to work to.

15. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    What Vick did was wrong. No question about it. I am a huge dog lover lover and an ticked off by what he did. I never was a Vick fan to begin with. But I also know everyone makes mistakes and deserves a second chance. Should he go to jail? Absolutely. Should he be suspended for a year or two? Absolutely. Should he be suspended for life? No. He will go to jail, he will pay his debt to society. Is it right to take away his occupation? If one of us made a mistake would it be right to say you can never be a mechanic, plummer, carpenter or an electrician again? His big money contract is gone and chances are he will be playing for veteran minimum if he returns to the NFL. That with the jail time will ensure Vick pays for this crime. He doesn't deserve to be let off because he is a celebrity, but he doesn't deserve to be over prosecuted because he is one either.

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I agree with this post 100%.

"Vick SHOULD BE PUNISH" & AS FAR AS EVERYONE USING THAT CRAP ABOUT HOW A PERSON WAS RASED, WE ALL KNOW RIGHT & WOUNG SO THERE IS NO REASON FOR THAT @#$%!!!!

& THAT IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i would care a lot more if he was a better quarterback. he is an outstanding athlete, but not much for a quarterback. besides, IF THE EXCUSES of upbringing were legitamate, why couldnt he start a dogfighting ring in mexico at his summer home? millions of dollars = millions of options. if he really wanted to stay true and hard to the hood he should have put the dog fighting money into building community centers and extra school funding. btw. i have a pitbull and i would rather french kiss a porcupine than watch her fight.

THE GAME DONT NEED HIM

18. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Good Point J.D."!
    :0a14:

19. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here is my problem with this !! He signed a 120 million dollar deal with a 20 mil sign on bonus. Most of the celebs get fined peanuts. So lets say the fine is 30 mil. be like 300 hundred to us!!

20. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    the law should be the same for a rich man or a poor man. his income should not have anything to do with what he is fined. shouldnt penalize a person because there rich or take mercey on a guy because hes poor