Should I use this gas?

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Seth, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I filled up one of my 6 gallon tanks about 2 months ago, but never got around to using it. When I got the fuel, I added Stabil to it because I knew I wouldn't use all of it. Do you think this fuel is still good to use since I put Stabil in it while it was fresh or should I just get rid of it and buy fresh fuel?

2. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    i think i would burn it. That stable is good. I got gas in my boat bout that old and i ran it last weekend ok for me.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have stored my riding mower over winter with stabil in the fuel in it and i've never had any ill effects.

4. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brother Seth;
    THAT is what Sta-bil is for!:wink: It's good stuff. I use it in my lawnmowers, weedwacker, chainsaw, and Jeep. Seems to help keep the moisture out of the fuel that can come from all these temperatures going up and down, up and down, down and up, down and up, up and down, ad nasium! :smile2:
    If you put the correct amount of the Sta-bil in that fuel then I would think you have nothing to worry about!
    If I recall correctly, and I may not, this stuff is either what the military uses or is a spin off of that technology that the military uses to keep it's vehicles that are fueled, but may have to sit for months or more, before being deployed, from having fouled fuel lines and fuel filters due to fuel deterioration! :big_smile:
    So, in your case, if it was me, I would go ahead and use it. :big_smile:
    Hope this helps ya out.
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    If the tank was all the way full I would most likely use with the stabil being added. But if its any older then that it is a big iffey. Add a fuel water seperator to you fuel system and if it has collected any water that will remove it.

6. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Glad to hear that! Gas isn't cheap and I'm a cheap man so I'll be glad to use it lol. I put the muffs on and tried starting the motor with that fuel and it fired up fine so I won't worry about it. :big_smile:

7. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    If I lived closer, I'd come and take it off your hands, just to be sure you have no problems.:wink: