Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I filled up one of my 6 gallon tanks about 2 months ago, but never got around to using it. When I got the fuel, I added Stabil to it because I knew I wouldn't use all of it. Do you think this fuel is still good to use since I put Stabil in it while it was fresh or should I just get rid of it and buy fresh fuel?

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
I have stored my riding mower over winter with stabil in the fuel in it and i've never had any ill effects.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Brother Seth;
THAT is what Sta-bil is for!:wink: It's good stuff. I use it in my lawnmowers, weedwacker, chainsaw, and Jeep. Seems to help keep the moisture out of the fuel that can come from all these temperatures going up and down, up and down, down and up, down and up, up and down, ad nasium! :smile2:
If you put the correct amount of the Sta-bil in that fuel then I would think you have nothing to worry about!
If I recall correctly, and I may not, this stuff is either what the military uses or is a spin off of that technology that the military uses to keep it's vehicles that are fueled, but may have to sit for months or more, before being deployed, from having fouled fuel lines and fuel filters due to fuel deterioration! :big_smile:
So, in your case, if it was me, I would go ahead and use it. :big_smile:
Hope this helps ya out.
Fraternally,
Coyote1
[[[[[End of Post]]]]]

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to hear that! Gas isn't cheap and I'm a cheap man so I'll be glad to use it lol. I put the muffs on and tried starting the motor with that fuel and it fired up fine so I won't worry about it. :big_smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.