Should i fish this?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by whiskerchaser, Jul 31, 2006.

1. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Ok so yesterday I went out at 3am and didnt catch anything using garlic cured livers, normal livers, or cut bluegill. so we packed up at about 9am and drove around the country side and we found this back rod that was reel rutted so we drove along and all of a sudden about 20 mins from stubblefield lake we found this other good size lake that is shallow maybe 5 or 6 feet and real weedy until about 20 feet from shore it gets clear no weeds and it is a kinda large lake. It also has a small pond on one side that isnt connected but has barb wire fence around it the pond not the lake there werent any fish jumping and it was really calm. my question is do u think that there is any fish in this lake I have never heard of it and we may have found a new lake we fished for about 30min without a bite. We thought maybe try worms cuz everything bites on worms. but we didnt have any it looks like a good lake should we fish in it or is it a waste of time I thought about going to game and fish and ask if there is any fish but we didnt.

2. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    .........uhhh is the lake on private property????.....cuz i'd ask first...i'd rather get turned down than chased off with a shotgun.....

3. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    My thoughts exactly. Unless the laws are different in New Mexico. Dunno

4. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with the other posts, you need know whose property this is and if you have any bussiness being there.

5. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Yeah i better check it out there is no fences, houses, cars, car tracks, cows or anything around it so i dont know but im gona go look and ask around I sure would hate to get shot.