should i buy and if so what fishing rod

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by jamesriverman, Sep 4, 2008.

1. jamesriverman

jamesriverman New Member

State:
    va
  2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Depends on what you're going to be fishing for, what kind of conditions, etc. It looks to be very comparable to an Abu 6500, which is a good reel, and lots of people think very highly of it. But I think of it as a lightweight catfishing reel. For my purposes, it's just not big enough or tough enough to handle the heavy jobs. This is just my opinion, and you'll almost certainly get quite a few that are just the opposite. As I said, it depends on what you need; I just prefer a reel that will handle anything that comes along.

3. jamesriverman

jamesriverman New Member

State:
    va
    Well i will be fishing in a canal for blues and flatheads it is in the midsize it is smaller then the 7000 but biger then the 6500 and will use it with 65lb brad.

I like light tackle fishing my bro got a 35lb flathead on a capercorn baitcaster

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    If that is what you want go for it I would rather have Abu 7000c Pro Rocket

5. jamesriverman

jamesriverman New Member

State:
    va
    Well the 7000 is what i really want but i need some thing to replace my old 6500 that i used for flounder and what not so i will try it for cats i think it will do the job i like that drag 11lb dam that is good but i wish it had more line cap.

I will go to green top the best bait shop in the world they will know.

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,