Should I Be Getting Ready??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Kat-tamer, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Here it is Christmas Eve, the family (including my parents) are coming to my house for breakfast and presents, and I am on the puter instead of cleaning.:wink:

I will be up till 3am if I don't get busy. But this is more fun.

When I was a kid, we usually had grandparents over, or went to their house, for a huge breakfast before we could see what santa brought. I have tried to keep this tradition although now the presents usually come first.

Tomorrow we are having bacon, ham, eggs, biscuits and gravy (made with this venison breakfast sausage Matt made) french toast, milk and OJ.
    I feel like I'm missing something.:eek:oooh:

Presents are wrapped, dishes done, I still have some deep cleaning to do. You know, the stuff you only do when your having company, or in my case, my mother.:smile2: I hate it when she comes here and starts cleaning my house. Makes me feel like I didn't do it good enough. She aint as bad about it now, or maybe I keep my house cleaner.:confused2: My Grandma was the worlds worst about cleaning my house. She would find things to scrub that nobody would ever think about cleaning!

Well everyone have a great day tomorrow, no matter how you do or don't celebrate it!

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Only thing I can see missing from b'fast is the hash browns:wink: Just shows the difference between me and my wife, when we have company I like to make sure my tools are put away and I have some kind of big project underway in the garage to talk about with the "boys"- she's in your predicament cleaning everything.

FYI - If we have company I usually spring for someone from the cleaning company I use at work to come over and clean the house. It's worth the money to not see her going crazy making sure everything is spic & span and worrying about it.:big_smile:

Merry Christmas!

Branden

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sheila, you need some kind of a gooey sweet roll that has cinnamon in it, with white icing poured all over it. Stick them in the oven to get them warm or hot.

Pour something on the kitchen floor where it won't hurt anything. Like it was an accident, after your Ma is there. She will probably wash your floor for you and not even notice the rest of the house.

John.

4. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I did forget the hash browns! I got some though. Guess I should add that to the list.

John,
    I do make a mean cinnamon roll! Unfortunately they take about 4 hours to make and I don't have all the supplies I would need. Besides, if I make the cinnamon rolls Matt and my boys won't eat anything else!:wink::smile2:

I'll make some and send em up for your approval someday. They might be a little stale by the time you get em though.:smile2:

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sheila, Sounds like you have a fun tradition going in your family. Like you stated no matter how you do or don't celebrate it I hope you and your family have a great day.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Shelia by now the breakfast is over and the gifts are problem opened. Its time to enjoy family and friends. I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years. :big_smile: