Should Brett Farve Retire?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by kkyyoottee, Aug 31, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Brett has done miracles but dam its time for him to go!!! If you dont believe this watch the reruns of broncos game when his head was turned towards sideline and he threw hail mary. Farve you and your heated helmets its time to go. Show some class like Elway and go out a winner.

2. Zombie76

Zombie76 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    The only reason given for him staying on this season was that he wanted to "help" the younger QBs on the team. However, to "help" the others you don't have to play/start every game. He could easily do this from the sideline and/or at practice. I understand that he love to play the game, and I don't blame him. I feel he should get out, before it's too late and the choice is no longer his to make.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    He's a legend, let him play. Nice to see someone play that doesnt make the news for the wrong reason.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Let him play. He will retire soon enough... besides, they don't have anything on the roster better than him.

5. HappyDudeSr

HappyDudeSr New Member

State:
    Texas
    Part of me agrees with kkyyoottee, the man had/has incredible talent and should retire at the top of his game. (Although I think the top of his game was a couple years ago.) Another part of me wants to see him play every week. I think as long as he is truly having fun and doin what he loves, let him do it until he cant anymore. I just hope that he doesn't get seriously injured trying to stretch his career.

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I agree with you on this one - Besides - what will they do without him? :0a14:
    (at lease right now)

Take it easy, :0a22:
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Let him play1 I can name 5 starting QB that are worst than him.

8. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Let him play. He still better than most QB's in the NFL. Plus he is no crybaby QB. He'll run the ball and even throw a block down field for his running backs. How many QB's will do that for their team.

9. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This man has shown us pride, and an unbeatable spirit! He has had to play with life circumstances that would make many crumble. He is amazing to watch.

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Hes still doin it so I say keep playin.

11. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    No, he shouldnt retire..He is playing like the old Farve so far this season..They are 4-0, he just broke Marinos record, and he thrw for over 300 yards yesterday. They havent started 4-0 since 1999...Why the heck should he retire, he is still playing good. He is still one of the most reliable QB's in the league.

12. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    As much as I wish he would retire (as a long time Vikings fan), I believe as long as he can be effective, he should continue to play. I would just hate to see him go the way of Charles Barkley or Karl Malone in the NBA who played way too long and I feel it diminished their accomplishments.

13. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Most of us would like to see him retire today for our reasons. We would like to talk about him for the legend that he is, for his prowess up til the day he hangs up his cleats rather than to see his skills erode and have to talk about what once was.

If I were in his shoes, as long as he still enjoys the game and as long as someone will pay him to play, why shouldn't he? Don't we all wish we had jobs we loved?

14. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i think he should bow out at the end of the season, and i think the entire national football league should have a moment of silence.

how many games has he started? consecutively? how many has he missed?

that is one tough SOB

15. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I always thought he should of left when he was on top, but he's on top again, so who knows. This would be a good year for him to leave.

16. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    A couple years ago I would say yes, but now hes getting it done. I say play on.

17. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Heck I think he just got warmed up. They'll have to drag him off the field and hogtie to get rid of him. P.S. that wont work either. LOL

18. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brett Farve should be allowed to do what ever he wants to do. He may be the last quarterback I will ever see to play the position like a man, not a business venture.

19. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    At the begining of the year I woulda said yes.Not that his skill level had diminished a whole lot it was i just thought the Packers would be horrible and you hate to see a HOF go out like that.Hell the packers might fall on there face still its only 4 games into the season but theyve already won more games then i thought they would win all season.If Brett still has the fire in him Im glad for him.

20. CatFishingFinatic

CatFishingFinatic New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Favre signed a career contract with Green Bay. As long as he can and wants to play they can't get rid of him. Personally I think he will lead the Pack to the playoffs this year and possibly the super bowl. I think he wants go out in glory like Elway did. He is a great athlete and a lot of fun to watch. He loves the sport and has shown that over the years. I don't think he quite has the edge he had in his younger years, but that could be the coaches holding him back. Personally, if I were his wife, I would be insisting that he retire due to his age, and family life. He has been lucky over the years to not gotten any major injuries so that is a plus for him. Watching him as an athlete, Let him play!