Shotgun Lights

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by CatfishHateMe, Feb 3, 2008.

1. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    Is there any lights to mount to a shotgun for night time predator (Coyote) hunting in an affordable range that anyone knows about? I know of the ones that mount to your rifle scopes and the ones that mount below the barrle but i dont have a scope on this shotgun and id like something a little brighter than the barrel mounted ones. Thanks and any info is appriciated.

Jayson

2. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    bumpbumpbumpbump.

3. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    tacstar 2000 good light for under 100 bucks . thats the one im puttin on my mossberg here pretty soon. :big_smile: :cool2:

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    We used head lights adjusted to where you naturally pointed your shotgun or .22 rifle.We hunted Bob Cat,Fox,Rabbit and Possum legally at night year round with light in those days.Worked well.I have killed over 100 rabbits a night numerous times when they would get up to plague like numbers.The farmers would buy your shells to get the rabbits killed.It worked better than taping a light to a gun barrel as you could look every where with the light without having to point the gun and if adjusted right it was "RIGHT ON" when you threw up the gun to shoot.You never had to take your eyes off of what you saw.

Caution.You can have too powerful a light and it does not work as good with a shotgun!The animal can turn away from the blinding light and see the area lit up for them to run.You want to shine their eyes all the while they think that the dark is hiding them.

Best of luck.let us know how you make out.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    jayson i'm sending you a p.m. that i hope will help.