Shotgun Advice: Stoeger Condor 1

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by thegavel, Oct 22, 2007.

1. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Hey brothers and sisters,

I have had the opportunity to save a couple of extra dollars and am looking to buy a reasonable O/U shotgun.

I have been presented with an opportunity to purchase a Stoeger Condor 1 shotgun. I am curious as to thoughts and opinions on this gun.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. I have read a lot of reviews on the net, but when it comes down to it, I thought I would ask the family for some help!

Thanks in advance!
    Christopher

2. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    The only one I have ever shot was at a skeet shoot a buddy of mine had.. It shot fine but had some mechanical issues, the owner had to send it back to the factory, something was wrong with the trigger and sometimes it wouldnt always shoot..
    I know the feeling of wanting to save a few hundred but if you go ahead and spend the extra and get a browning or beretta years from now it will be worth more than you paid for it..:wink:

3. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
  4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i shot the mossberg silver reserve and it shot pretty good. not sure what it runs cost wise vs. the condor.

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    ...actually own one?

6. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Not the O/U, but I've had a semi-auto (Bennelli M90 copy) for five years now and absolutely love the gun. I'd much rather have the Bennelli, but at half the price the Stoeger's an awesome gun.

7. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    I actually own one, I bought it new maybe eight years ago. It is a good shooting gun, I had no problems with it what so ever. It is not fancy and doesn't have the selectable triggers, but it has the screw in chokes.
    The main thing about any shotgun is find one that fits properly. (especially if you are wing shooting)
    I bought it because of price, and then ordered a new replacement stock from the factory for like $35.00, then tooled the replacement stock to fit properly.

I exclusively used it for quail hunting and got several "doubles" on the flush.

I only quit using it once I invested the monry for a Ruger Red Label 28ga.

8. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    There is nothing sweeter than a 28.....:wink:

9. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i find it hard to put down my side by side Stoeger (older one) but i do for my Citori. Much sweeter gun. I would save for one if i needed another