Shot a 200 pounder tonight!

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by jlingle, Apr 4, 2006.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Well, it wasn't your normal sneak up and kill 'em hunt. We actually trapped this big boy. I didn't wanna kill him in the trap, so we let him out and whacked him when he ran out. Regardless, he weighed 200 on the coop scales. Nice boar hog. He had pretty good tusks, so we're gonna try to put his carcass somewhere that we can recover the skull and bleach it out. We've had that trap out for 2 weeks, and this is the first hog we've caught. maybe it's a sign of things to come!!!

Jerrod

2. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Nice job jlingle! I have had some great sausage from boar hogs that size.

3. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I agree that the head/tusks would make a nice trophy. Boy am I jealous...I have got the itch to go hog hunting up here, but they are few and far between, mostly in the western part of WI.

4. greenwing7

greenwing7 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    one thing that I have heard is to put the head in a bag of some sort like for fruit or burlap and put it in the lake, with deer we just tie off an antler and the fish and microbes go nuts for it, I think it works better than just hanging it cause that just dries the meat on the bone, it only takes a week or two in the water too!

5. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Don't have wild pigs in Nebraska, but they were all over Ft. Sill, Oklahoma when we were down there for training with the Army. They even ran a few Army basic trainees up some trees on the land navigation ranges.

SudDawg

6. azflathead

azflathead New Member

State:
    Arizona
    You could boil it, then pic off all the cooked meat, then set it in hydrogen peroxide for 24 hours and then in the sun for 48 hours and it will come out nice and shiney. Thats how I do it anyway.

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I wish we had wild pigs here in new jersey. I here though they are spreading across the country.

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Jlingle, JEEZ I sure was relieved to find out it was a wild boar you shot.;) For a minute there I thought you and MELLON had gotten into a night time gunfight with your night protection weapons.;) :rolleyes: :p Of course I should have know it wasn't MELLON because you said up front it was a 200 pounder!:) Everyone knows MELLON wieghs more than that.:)