shortstay closing

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Gomer, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Haven't been on the lakes in over two months but the water levels must be VERY LOW.
    Talked to the lady's at shortstay yesterday and they said they were going to CLOSE their boat ramp after today due to low water conditions. Not sure on re-opening date. :0a4:

LETS PRAY FOR RAIN BOYS !!!!!!:cross:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Praying for rain, good luck and get out there fishing somewhere

3. REELFUN

REELFUN New Member

State:
    SC
    I used the ramp at Short Stay yesterday and didn't have any problem putting in. I have a 24' pontoon. Last year that was the only ramp you could still use in the lower lake.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Yeah, Gomer, something doesn't sound right there, unless they have other plans. Last year's work left it in pretty decent shape for the water to drop a lot more than it is now. :confused2:

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I heard on another site last week that they were getting ready to open it back up to the public and it was the guy that runs the place saying it.

6. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Just talked to shortstay this morning and scheduled work is not being done and the boat ramp IS OPEN but only to dod personnel not to general public yet.