short stay this weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by matt22va, Nov 19, 2009.

1. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Going camping with the family and having some Navy families up for smoked pork. Should get to fish some while I'm there, wish me luck. I just happened to cruise up and look at the Va rivers thread, read the first 5 posts on the James, Holy Crap is all I've got to say. Check it out.

2. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Matt all i can say is i picked the wrong place to fish yesterday and the wrong state to live............I'm moving:smile2: All i got to do is talk to the wife:embarassed: Thats a lot of big cats. River fishn is good this time of the yr.

3. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Patt,

Give me a fishing report when you done, locating, bait etc.
    I am heading down Tuesday for a day trip and then back Firday and Saturday.
    GOOD luck on the fishing AND the smoking!!! :tounge_out:

4. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Not much to post. I was busy camping and doing the family thing. I only got out for about an hour Sat. night. Drifted off of Bonneau in 28 to 32 ft, very little bait, and very few fish. I had 5 adults and 2 9 year olds on the boat and they were ready to go back to the camp fire. Notice, I don't care if you are from Michigan or Colorado or wherever, when the wind blows across Lake Moultrie and it's 46 degrees, you will need more than a sweatshirt and later on, in Jan. I don't care that it's SC, it will be cold. Dress in layers, you can take them off. Good luck to all of you. I hope to get back out in a week or so.

5. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the fishing AND the weather report..:big_smile:
    I will be on the lower lake at Santee ALL Thurkey weekend? Crchook1 will not be able to go due to boat trouble. Myself and Nick81 will be on one boat.
    McDreamy will be there somewhere. Anyone else care to hook up and share some information while down?
    Jim

6. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thats some nice cats from the james