Short Stay Ramp to close

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by blackwaterkatz, Jan 31, 2008.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Per Richard at short stay:
    Just a heads up for anyone who may have planned to use the ramp during this time.

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Jeepers Tommy what does that leave on the lower lake?Are they still operating the lock?How bad is the sandbar in the canal exit to the lower lake.I guess the one good thing in all this is that those places that took the oportunity to extend their ramps wont ever(hopefully) have to worry about it again

3. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    :ah: WOW !!! :too_sad:

Looks like you can cancel christmas for the lower lake for a while.
    Tommy, any time frame for the closer? I know they have extended that ramp at least 3 times so far.

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  5. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Good questions, Jim.
    There are no other landings open on Moultrie, so access will need to be from the diversion canal. I think Russelville is still "launch at your own risk", but access to the open lake is restricted.
    The lock is still in operation, and will probably continue to be.
    The bar at the mouth of the canal is still there, as far as I know, but the lake level has risen a little, so that shouldn't be an issue for most boats. Last time I was over that way we still had about 3' going through that area, and should be a little better now. The canal has been getting current lately when SC is pulling water through into the Cooper River, so the bite should pick up in there before too much longer.

6. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the report Tommy. Always good to know where you can and can't put in at. Let us all know if you hear anything else. Thanks.

7. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Short Stay ramp is now open again. I haven't been over to see what they accomplished, but it has reopened.

8. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Tommy I left on Thursday morning and haven't been back since (family stuff) but they had poured an extension on ramp and extended it some. Nice job. Don't know what they did since. I'll be back later this week for few more days.:tounge_out: