Short stay ramp now open

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by sharkfin, Dec 10, 2007.

1. sharkfin

sharkfin New Member

State:
    Bonneau, SC
    Got a report from a guy on another sight who works at short stay. He says the ramp is now open to the public for a small fee. The ramp is only open until 10pm. Better use it while we still can.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

2. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Put in there yesterday they have extended it a good 20ft and had 2 more sections about 5ft of concret curing on the side, water real low and ramp kind of steep but still enough for the pontoons to launch. I just talked to short-stay this morning and they ARE open for public launching for a small fee to every one.

3. LadyKatKiller

LadyKatKiller New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the info, I know a couple of people that will be glad to hear this.

4. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Thanks for the info on Short Stay

Cherie, Roundhill and I are going to the James river to see if we can beat your PB. We are going out with Capt. Hugh I think that is the same one that you and Greg went out with.

Jim

5. LadyKatKiller

LadyKatKiller New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Jim, I sent you a pm in ref to this little remark.
    :wink:

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I was one of several DNR workers who helped Richard put the final touches on the ramp on Friday. You can launch, but there is a shallow bar just beyond the end of the ramp to watch out for. After a few boats load, it may wash away. Still, if we don't get some water from somewhere it's hard to say how long even that ramp will be usable.
    Caution: the lake is very low and some of the shallow humps are now exposed (or not). Be very careful when you travel, if you aren't familiar with the lake.

7. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Hows the dredging at Blacks comin along?

8. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Hey, Chris! The dredging seems to be temporarily on hold. Roundhill can probably give a better answer, since he's been staying there some. I think I understood they are trying to get a permit to go deeper than originally planned, but not certain. At any rate, it's not currently usable. Canal lakes is also touchy; they have deep water, but be very careful backing you trailer down. Some of the existing steel bulkhead at the end of the concrete sticks up and can make it hard to pull out with 2 wheel drive if you hit it wrong, could even bust a tire. If you're careful, it won't be too big a deal, though.
    Hill's landing looks pretty good, at least passing by on the water, but it's pretty steep for some 2 wheel drive vehicles with heavy boats.