Short notice trips

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by dreamcatcher, Aug 15, 2005.

1. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Ok....I guess this is going to be my first post in the "new" BOC, and I'm at a loss for words.LOL. Alexis and I had a great time fishing the Maple this past weekend, even though we didn't catch any fish. The theme of not catching fish is starting to become habit forming to say the least, and that's not a good thing. We figure to have one more opportunity to do a "group hug" before the season is lost, so does anybody have any good suggestions for September? By the way, it was good meeting new folks like Jon, Doug and Chris(who's not a member) but a great guy to talk to about flathead fishing. It was good seeing Sal and Don again, and guys, when we get together again let's catch some fish for once! LOL.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    When is this gonna happen, us buckeyes need to show you wolverines how it is done. We kinda quit talking about this whole thing, lets revamp this thing and set up a place and time.

3. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Anytime we can make it happen Tea. This past weekend I spoke to the guys about possibly fishing the Maumee once we determine what it will cost in permit fees and such. You got any suggestions for a good campsite in that area? I'd love to do some catfishing in Ohio and show you guys up in your own state!LOL.

Thanks again,
    Vic Brown

4. catfish1605

catfish1605 Member

State:
    Findlay, OH
    Tea, could you give me some details on this Buckeyes VS. Wolverines contest . I fish the Maumee just about every weekend, if you need an extra guy or two let me know. Thanks.

5. jross1901

jross1901 New Member

State:
    IL
    so everyone has to re-register?

what's up with that?

6. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Buckeyes vs Wolverines

Now, this could really be alot of fun. It would have to be a Saturday or Sunday to be feasable for me. Sunday would be the best but we can possibly do an overnight Saturday/Sunday and have fun with it. We could do some sort of trophy for the state each year and pass back and forth or just some sort of prize. Heck, I would just like to see Sal and Vic in some great Scarlet and grey. It would be open to everyone and a blast I think. Everyone could throw out some suggestions.

The 28th I am in a Hold Em tournament with Scotty Nguyen here in Circleville so that would not be a good day. Any other time should be good. Tea

7. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Yeah... It is a pian but I will get the michigan stuff cleareed up quick... if I can get away with it

8. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Hey Sal, dont ignore my post, I want to see you in some scarlet and grey brother. LMAO

9. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Tea, you unfortunately misguided man....

Think long and hard about just showing up to the future Maumee gathering in maize and Blue. you're gonna be leaving in those colors anyhow, why delay the inevitable???!!!!

COPIED AND POSTED FROM THE OLD SITE THIS MORNING:

Brothers, another great weekend passed and sadly we didnt get but 3 turtles the whole time, two of which were the same snapper biting twice and the other was about a 40 year old box turtle.

It didnt matter. It was still a joy.

There is nothing in the world like august nights in michigan. The light but growing sting of fall is starting to add its pungent scent to the night air this time of year, the asteroids and the owls and the racoons and even the occasional peacock really enhance any trip to the maple around august- and life rarely gets better than that...

Rarely... when the fish finally bite.

So we ALL got skunked.
    Better it happens to a group than leave any one single in the dust behind a herd of successful fishermen right? Or at least thats what we're telling ourselves. LOL

I did have a great time. I peeked into the lives of two fellows I had not met before, showed them a glimpse of the guy I am, and showed Vic's good-luck-charm-daughter what a banana boat was and how they can help to make the worst night of fishing into the coolest event ever. Alexis was a great little lady- her daddy a proud one and rightfully so.

Perhaps by summer's end we will have to go south to get into the flatties on the Grand OR get into Ohio to the Maumee. One thing's for sure- Michigan guys have a new friendship- One not only based on butter shots and fire-cooking.... it is based on the true comeraderie- when one gets skunked, we leave no unsuccessful brother behind. We join each other in the misery that is the occasional low.

LMAO

10. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO, only thing Maize and Blue in my house is my Toilet Paper, hehehe.

11. jross1901

jross1901 New Member

State:
    IL
    thanks for updating the site sal.

did you guys have live 'gills this time?

we need to hit some flats up really soon.

when shall we visit Jon and the grand?
    let me know when you guys have free time so we can start planning.
    did you drag the boat out this weekend?

there is probably like a good month left to fish down by the dam in allegan(steel and salmon run), so if that's also another when planning.

12. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Jim

We had live gills, dead gills crawlers, and shrimp... nothing worked.

It was hell.

I may go out and grab another night on the allegan with you. Depends on wether you will be there, wether I take the boat, how many weekends I can snag away from work, and general timing. I like that river a lot, man.... A WHOLE lot.

Talk to you more about it soon, Iam sure.

Sal-------------------------------------------

tea... YOUR TOILET PAPER IS MAIZE AND BLUE? YOU BEEN EATING SMURFS MAN?

13. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Sal and Vic if and or when this trip to Maumee comes up the license fees are 3 days for 19 dollars 1 day for 11 but the 1 day expires at midnight on the day of purchase! If and or when this trip to Maumee comes up any thoughts on where? I would like to try to dig up some info!

14. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Sorry Don, I've been so caught up that I haven't visited this section. We have to try to go to the Maumee before this year is out. Nineteen dollars won't break me, and I can cut down on my travel for once. I don't think we have to worry about salmon runs in the Maumee, but if any of you Ohio brothers are viewing this let us know. As a matter of fact, how does mid September sound Don? My current crop of classes end around that time and I have a two week break before the next crop of classes. I'll be willing to help out with the fuel expenses if you bring your boat. That trip will probably be our last opportunity to catch flatheads OR we could do the deed on Belleville Lake for channels in my area if we can't coordinate a flathead trip. I'd just like to do one more boat trip with you brother before the year is out. Hey, man I can't get into those jars of goodies that you gave me.LOL. I want to give you a report, but the jars are resisting my efforts so far... :crying:

15. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Hey guys,
    Nice new site. I had a little trouble getting in, but I think I'm in now. How has everyone been? It sounds like the Maple river trip was a great time, but no fish! Well, we must remember that the whole idea of getting together is to see each other and make new friends. I believe you did that.
    I've been putting in alot of hours on the farm, but enjoying the work.
    I'll try to check in from time to time. Good luck on finding those fatties.
    Sparky

16. renie159

renie159 New Member

If anyone wants to go to the maple tonight I should be there by 10:30 or 11:00 let me know figure I'll start at Blair Rd and if I don't get anything there maybe go to Dexters or Maple Rd., I'm not one for plans or organization! :). Maybe this should be under the super short notice trips. :D

17. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    i'll be on lake ovid till dark chasing musky... I do have to work tomorrow, so I cant stop for long if I do stop.

----------------------------
    SPARKY!!! Good to see you made the switch! We will be here when you resurface for air.
    ---------------------------
    DON- The food was fantastic, Thanks. My gramps ate all but one of the peppers and my wife and I are tearing up toe apple butter almost daily. Thanks bro!

Sal

18. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Hey Vic,
    You did such a good job on my last profile picture, why don't you give it another go!
    Thanks
    Sparky

19. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Sure Sparky, but I'd have to get your picture from the old site so the mods can do their thing. I deleted all the photos from my hard drive and camera.

20. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Landed one musky last night on Lake ovid on a firetiger pattern super shad rap at 4:20PM. 22 inches, heckova fight. Them buggers ARE MEAN!

Talked to a local. I have a lot to post on the lake ovid page- This may be a sleeping giant for cats, bros.