Short Notice: Open Seat for Snagging on 8 April at Twin Bridges, Grand Lake

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Tulcat, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Well earlier this evening my brother in-law had to unexpectantly back out of tomorrow's Spoonie trip. My Nephew Pittscat90 is still on, but we have a free seat open if anyone is interested.

Talk about short notice, we plan on arriving at the ramp about 5:15 AM and will be ready to launch by 5:30 AM at the latest.

If by some crazy chance there is a BOC member who can meet us at Twin Bridges on Grand, I have all the gear and a packed cooler, all you'll need is to show up with your OK fishing license.

Any takers?

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Good Luck tomorrow with the snagging. I'm fishing somewhere tomorrow after my son's soccer game. We just haven't decided which location yet.

3. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Thanks and good luck to you and your son, too.

The fishing kind of slowed down at the dam, so were headed to the bluffs downlake first. If that is slow, we'll still have time to head up river and beat the crowds since we are starting so early.

I'm gonna hang around for another 30 minutes online on the outside chance I get a taker, but then I need to catch some zzz's, as the alarm is set for 3:45 AM.

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Man I would love to go but have to drag a trailer load of garage sale items to Choteau in the morning.

5. catfishcentral

State:
    OK
    I know the low water dam can can be busy for shore anglers but how many boats are you seeing on the river? Chouteau Bend getting almost too busy on the weekends for me.

6. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

There have been many boats on Grand and the Neosho snagging, but never too many to where I felt crowded as most places to snag are wide and long.

There is rarely very many boats at the dam as there are not many places a boat can fit in without being in fire range of the bank fisherman.

The rest of the river is typically mostly open.

7. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I remember reading earlier you were tied up this weekend, but maybe in the future things will work out.

But the end of the spoonie season is near, and then it is time to change to cats!

8. catfishcentral

State:
    OK
    Are you not tossing out a few jugs while snagging anyway. Ya know you need to be multi tasking.:p :p :p

9. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I had planned on that and left them sitting in my living room...:crying:

I had a nice bag of spoonie red meat all ready!

10. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Well all, I am getting ready to call it a night, but if some crazy BOC member gets this and can show up in less than 5 1/2 hours, I'll be at Twin Bridges with a 1754SC Olive Drab Mod-V Jon boat being pulled by a red Nissan 4dr Frontier.

Just walk up, introduce yourself, sing praises to the BOC, and say you are ready to fish!

11. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    :0a32: :0a32: :crying: Dangit I new I should have checked the internet at 3:00 this mornin when I was awake with the baby and Then I couldnt sleep. Now I am going to wine and gripe and blame it all on the wife:mad:

12. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

You sure missed a fine day, 10 fish with the biggest at 58#.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12653