Short GMR Report

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Salmonid, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Went out for 1.5 hrs yesterday after work, you remember, falling temps, lots of nasty wind, spitting rain/snow, wind chills near 20!! Yeah, I was the stupid guy out trying for channels, needless to say, with the wind, I wasnt able to fish the spot we had located a few channels in so I was trying some other spots with no luck, I think I had 1 weak hit but it was hard to tell, strong current, lots of wind etc.

I was fishing the last of some frozen skip jacks I had and I have learned that once they are thawed and frozen about 3 times, they turn soft and loose a lot of stench. This was my 6th time out this year for cats and now have 4 skunkings, although one of those times Dinkbuster got 3 while I got none so that was an encouraging trip. Each of my trips had been on the last 3 thursdays and eact time, weather was not exactly prime, each time was durring a drop in temps, front blowing through and that can not be helping any at all.

Bottom line, get out!! there are a few fish around and hardly any pressure right now, I couldnt figure it out I was the only idiot, along with my spin casting buddy who also got skunked) within sight, it was still nice to be on the water, which was as clear as it ever gets and low and almost 48 degrees!!

Until next time...waiting for Flathead time
    Salmonid

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i would have joined ya but it was way too windy for me. i'd rather fish in sub-zero temps than wind!

3. sliprig1

sliprig1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Wind does make it tough. I'll take rain first.

Slip

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont like fishing this time of year, I take to many skunkings and get bummed out.

5. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i agree dink, i hate a cold wind it just cuts right through you

6. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I went fishing at gmr today no luck but they are coming and We can't wait
    for such a mild winter it has been a long one

7. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree with flathunter. I don't like this time of year fishing for catfish. Now don't get me wrong I still fish but for catfishing I like the water to be alittle bit warmer.