Short GMR Report

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Salmonid, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Fished yesterday and today ( since Im unemployed) for about 6 hrs each day, using frozen shad (only about 1 week old) and 6/0 circles, yesterday, first cast, nailed my 2nd best channel of the year, 10lb 2 oz in my 7 oz net, then hitless until my very last cast, seriously! got a 3 lber.
    Today fished for 2 hrs without a hit, then had 3 good hits in about 10 minutes, landed two of em, 6 lb 2 ozs and about a 3 lber, ( didnt weigh that one) figured I had found them and proceded to fish all over that spot for another 1.5 hrs without a bite, tried a bunch of spots, not another hit after that.
    I can tell you that 2 fish came from wood in about 4 ft of water and the other 2 came from a drop off from 3 ft to 8 ft and really fast chute feeding it. No pattern, tried every where and all depths even a 17 ft hole, the fish were no where, just 1 here and 1 there, I can tell you they are not in the deep water yet but Im guessing scattered about making them difficult to catch. Couldnt even mark any fish on the graph Water was a low of 50.2 and a high this afternoon of 53.6. It was still nice to be out but I need a cold and nasty front to move them to the deep water so I can at least catch some.

Salmonid

2. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    My bet is they are starting to head towards the Ohio to their wintering holes...

3. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah, that sounds about right except thats about 55 miles from where I was fishing and about a dozen dams keep them from doing so. :roll_eyes: I was fishing a 2 mile pool and fished from dam to dam just about. so there stuck there, I just have to find them.....:crazy:

I guess I got all winter to locate em.... Until next time...

Salmonid

4. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Mark when you find them let me know the fishing on this end of the gmr hasn't been the greatest either

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Will do Dellis, Like I said before, we need a really cold spell to stack and concentrate them or some more high water, that will always help.

Salmonid

6. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mark, what part of the grm were you fishing? Up around Dayton or Middletown?

7. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    My usual haunt, the West Carrolton Pool. At times it can be very good but the last few months on it have totally sucked. I know that water pretty well and have tried all sorts of stuff and havent been able to locate them. I get some decent fish but for the effort needed to get them, in the long run it just isnt worth the time. I just go there because its close more then any other reason.

Salmonid