shorefishing

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by C Hill, Mar 25, 2008.

1. C Hill

C Hill New Member

State:
    Catoosa, Oklahoma
    Whats the best shorefishing in the north eastern part of oklahoma? i want some where where you dont have to cast very far. i dont got a running boat right now:sad2:

2. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    see if you can fish there around the port where they load grain onto barges, i know down here at keota they spill some of the grain into the water . all kinds of fish feed on the spilled grain. good luck!

3. mrwhiskr

mrwhiskr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Go sit on a bank with a poleand see what happens. Someone will come by and tell you where to fish, and what bait is best. try it and see.

Catfishermen are the best

keep them lines wet

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Chase, that mainly depends on what you want to fish for.

If you are looking for sandies and spoonbill, head over to Choteau bend/kerr dam area.

Cats, head up to Oolagah dam if they are letting water out steadily.

5. SunburntAgain

SunburntAgain New Member

State:
    Tulsa, OK
    From my experience If you're shore bound your bet bet is to be fishing a river. Preferably the river closest to you as you're gonna need to be making a lot of trips to it to get to know it. Take a 10 mile section of river close to you and get to know it well. It's alot easier to learn to fish a river from the bank than a lake in my opinion. Using a sattelite imagery program like Google Earth is free and is a river angler's best friend, check it out and use it look for good spots, then go investigate. Also, something I've noticed is that the harder it is to get to a good looking hole, and the less people that fish it, the better fish you're gonna find. Have fun.