Shore Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Scott LEmons, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Scott LEmons

Scott LEmons New Member

State:
    PA
    I am new to the area and new to this forum. I am looking for a good place to take my to catch some big cats from the shore. I live outside of Philadelphia area.

I have tried the pier at Lake Noximixion and French Creek, any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. littlecat

littlecat New Member

State:
    west virginia
    there is a member on here named blacky he is from around ur area im sure he could help u out.

3. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Blacky wont steer you wrong. Watch out for the rowers!!

4. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Give the Schuylkill River a shot.

5. Scott LEmons

Scott LEmons New Member

State:
    PA
    Can recommend any particular area? I was out to locke 60 nothing there but a bunch of kids jumping off the dam

6. whohaa

whohaa New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    If you went to the dam you went up too far. Also on the other side of the river French creek dumps into it. Hope this helps.

7. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    You can go anywhere on the Skuke. and catch Flatheads and channels. You just have to put time on the water and you will get a nice one. I started fishing for Flatheads about 2 years ago. Last year my only fish over #20 was #37. Then this year I started to hit other spots on the river that had structure and I have caught a bunch over #20 already. Just go out to good looking spots with plenty of bait and rigs and experament. Try different spots and keep tring and you will get a nice one.