Shore fishing pole holders

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by gportsbaseball, Sep 7, 2008.

1. gportsbaseball

gportsbaseball New Member

State:
    ohio - Groveport
    I need some really good, medium priced (anywhere from 5-15$) shore pole holders, something u can drive into the ground and then u can stick your rod into it for tighter lines and so i wont lose my poles lol.

anyone have any brands, websites, or any stores i can find 1 at?

2. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    i made one that i seen on here, 1-/12 pvc pipe total cost was somewhere near $15 dollars. i cant remember the member who posted it but it was a good idea.

3. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Justin, If your looking for a cheap solution that works great, go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy a 10 Ft piece of 1 1/2" PVE cut it into three pieces 3' long cut the botton at a 45 angle And you will get 3 rod holders out of it. You can drive it into the ground 1 to 2 ft and drop the butt of your rod into the hole . You can angle it any you want . Hope this helps. Cost should be less than 10 bucks total

4. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    go to the member library. You will find several home made designs in there. Good luck

5. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    here's the kind i use off the bank, they're about 10 buck and you can drive them down into the ground pretty good as long as the ground isn't too rocky. I found mine at the baitshop at buckeye lake,newark live bait in newark has them too, andI bet the fisherman warehouse off of alum creek dr. has them......ya might wanna call first......I know that's around your neck of the woods.......

Attached Files:

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I like the bank buddy you can get them at bass pro pretty cheap and holds three rods.I have two of them myself.

7. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    I cut forked branches and job them in the ground. :)
    Propping them against the cooler works too!

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
  9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    the best bank rod holder for that is a foot of exhaust pipe welded to a 2-3foot piece of rebar. your high school might have a weld shop that can stick them together for ya. the local muffler shop would probally give you some scrap pipe and you can pick up some scrap rebar lying around a construction site if theyll let ya :wink: free pole holders that will hold anything :confused2: unless you have a direct drive reel and 200# test:roll_eyes:

10. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    What do you sit on? I ask because you might want to build something that works with that.

[​IMG]

1.5" pvc pipe, took me 2 minutes to cut and slot it for my chair. A piece of velcro tape secures it and makes it removeable.

Member library has lots of ideas, just need to put your thinking cap on, and see what will work best for you.

I also use forked branches like raybait. For spinning rods they work well. You can either put the rod's butt on the ground and lean it into the fork. Or for light biting fish, tighten up your line and actually balance the rod in the fork. The slightest nibble will make the tip move. And a tug will feed it a bit of line. Amazingly I've never lost a rod doing this, although my wife can't figure out why. :)

11. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    PVC pipe is wonderful. A few years back I made me 3 pole holders, simply by taking 3 pieces of rebar (or you could use a wood stake) and use duct take to tape the PVC pipe to the stake.

I alway bring PVC pipe with me while fishing rocks, if nothing else just pile up some rocks around the PVC pipe and presto, instant rod holder.

12. gportsbaseball

State:
    ohio - Groveport
    thanks, im often up at fishermans warehouse, ill prolly check out some of their inventory(those r the pole holders i want haha, i seen a guy using them and they looked sweet

13. gportsbaseball

State:
    ohio - Groveport
  14. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    yeah they work pretty good......I have about ten of them. I can fit all of them in one of those fold chairs that you throw around your shoulder.....just slip them down in the bag after you get the chair in......they are sweet, especially when you find a good sandbar and line it up with 10 rods...

15. gportsbaseball

State:
    ohio - Groveport
    hey how much were those pole holders each?

16. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    not much, like 10 or 12 dollars........

17. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I like the bank buddies... got mine for about 8.00 at Academy last year,,

forked sticks and pvc also work well... pvc especially in sandy bank soil.

18. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I went to lowes and bought 4 pcs rebarb about 12-14 inchs long ( you can find it in the concrete sec. And a pcs of 2 in rebarb cut as long as you want I carry mine in a bucket And drive the rebarb in the ground rocks sand don't make any difference :smile2:

19. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I would have to agree, the bank buddy is sweet!