Shore Fishing on Potomac River

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by Jim Johndon, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Jim Johndon

Jim Johndon New Member

State:
    VA
    Anyone know a good shore fishing spot near reagon national airport? Like i have said before, i fish across from Roosevelt Island, but not much luck there.
    Thanks for all your help

2. Bob R

Bob R New Member

State:
    Woodbridge, VA
    I dont know of any in the area around the airport. However further south on the parkway below Alexandria there is good fishing at some of the pull-offs. The pull-off by Wellington is particularly good and there are a couple of picnic tables to set your gear on and sit down. This area is a sand flat adjacent to the river channel and alot of cats move up onto it to feed during the evening and mornings. Ive fished that spot for over 20 years and have always had success. Good Luck.

3. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Well I'd Say Get With Tim Hagan,he Guides On That Water Way He Should Have Some Good Places For Ya.

4. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    well as i said before not much water around the ialand . Park at gravelly point park and walk up river to the railroad bridge fish the down river side some nice water there FRESH bait live perch , bluregills alao a nice hole up at the inlet to the marina kust under the bidge there can put some nice cats just at outgoing tide.

5. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    i'm looking for shore location also however i'm in newark de and don't lnow where to go. i'd love to catch one of those big blues. casting distance isn't and issue with me.

6. DauntlessRV

DauntlessRV New Member

State:
    Washington D.C.
    Actually, I had been lead to believe that the channel between Theodore Roosevelt Island and the spot under the JFK Center for the Performing Arts (particularly fishing from the JFK side) was supposed to be pretty good because the river channel is narrow there and you are in casting distance of relatively deep water from shore. Shore spots where you can cast to deep water are not all that easy to find. Do others agree that this deep water access (From the JFK Center side) is a PLUS?