Shore fishing bells!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by gportsbaseball, Sep 9, 2008.

1. gportsbaseball

gportsbaseball New Member

State:
    ohio - Groveport
    when i fish on the bottom from the shore, i usually tighten my line and put this little clip-on bell that attaches to my line and let it fall a little bit. So whenever i get a run it shoots up and jingles, or in some cases, the hits so hard it just falls off and i hear it.or sometimes it will fall slowly if a channel decides to get it and swim in towards me (very useful wen i forget a flashlight or glowstick haha)

yes this might be a lazy method but it works for me!
    u can get these belss at walmart for about a buck a piece, ha, anyone else use this method? :tounge_out:

2. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I have in the past, but I don't do much night fishing these days... They can work..

3. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    clip it on the tip of your rod, it will still occasionally fall off but it is a heck of alot louder when the fish hits, I use these alot. most of my reels are the same and in turn have the same clicker, so I will put a bell on one of them so it is easier to know which one has the bite.:wink:

4. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    When I use my smaller rods for night fishing for cats, I to add a bell, but get th ones that have th glow stick also so not only do u hear it, u also see it. but for day fishin, I just use th bells. When you take 4 boys fishin, you need a lil help, and they help me fine.

5. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    I have used this method...but I found that during light bites you are tempted to suddenly strike, launching the bell high in the air.

last time I tried it, I launched the bells about 100 feet strait up in the air and it landed in someone boat:tounge_out:! haha

since then, I have switched to another design of bells... this kind clips on the rod and has a light holder for a glow light. it is wallymart merchandise as well.

so far, pretty cool. Not as good as having enough light to SEE the line without a strike indicator...but better launch launching little copper bells into someones boat.

6. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

I love the bells and nothing is better than hearing a big bite....and for nite fishing I use glow sticks and bells just in case they bring it in...just make sure you remove the bell before setting the hook...

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i use bells day and night the ones that is two bells on a spring thay clamp down on rod tip you can cast with theam much better than the little brass bells glow sticks with theam at night

8. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    We were fishing on the bank and there were two guys on the other side of the river fishing with bells, so these guys kept going up the bank I guess to the car, who knows, my brother get a bell out of his box and starts ringing it. Them two guys came running down the bank it was comical,lol, they check the rods and back up the bank they go, and about 5 minutes later bro starts ring that bell and they came a running, he did that to these guys for at least and hour until they finally came down and sat with their rods.

9. gportsbaseball

gportsbaseball New Member

State:
    ohio - Groveport
    haha i did that and hit a passing car! he slammed on his breaks and wasnt too happy lol.
    and haha kennylee, thats awesome! sounds like something i would do, ha just too good of an oppurtunity to pass up:smile2:

10. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    NO UNATTENDED RODS IS WHAT YOU WERE TRYING TO TEACH THEM HUH?:wink:

11. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I grew up using the bells, i have about 4 or 5 of them, i just attach them to the end of my pole automatically, doesnt matter if its day or night, since i usually relax while fishing, i just listen for the bell :D, i have lost about 8 though, since i dont have time to take the bell off alot, they usually fly into the water or somewhere behind me,never to be found again (atleast not by me lol)