Shopping & weather report

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by n2fishn, Dec 24, 2009.

1. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I just went out and did the Christmas shopping for the wife.Nothing like being to early.:smile2::smile2:

What do you guys think,, even though she dont fish much anymore i bought her a new Rod and Reel:smile2::smile2: Just kiddin she would kill me but I was thinking about it.

I bought her a couple of things even though we usally dont buy each other gifts.She will be happy i think..:big_smile:

When I left it was light rains and when i got back home everthing above ground was freezing.Roads were ok though still

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Smart move Tom. I still need to get Ashley somethin.:embarassed:
    Roads here are gettin worse. Freezin cold here with gusts up to 50 mph!:crazy:
    There is no place like home.:smile2:

3. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    OH come on Tom, real men don't start shopp'n till after noon on Christmas eve.:wink: And if walmart aint got it, she don't need it.:smile2::smile2:

Hey Kyle, walmart sells cookbooks.:wink:

I stepped outside a few minutes ago, and it felt like I was being sand blasted with sleet. WHEW its cold & windy. It was 41 when I got up, its 21 now.

4. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    (She will be happy i think..) Yea she will be!!! You will be the #1 husband,, at least for a lil while.. LOL,, The temp. is 50 here and the sun is shinning..

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Dont come in here startin fights.:wink::smile2:

6. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Opps sorry!!! If it makes you fell better they are calling for rain all day fri. and i have to work in it..:sad2:

7. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Walmart:crazy:I cant afford nothing there I went to Westlake Hardware:smile2::smile2:

50 degrees:cool2:It' sleeting here.Streets are getting bad in the city.Just went to pick the wife up from work and cars are slidding around.I'm in for the rest of the day.

50mph winds that cant be good....

8. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Westlake Hardware?? hummm

Steel Cable Fish Stringer:
    3/32" steel cable, 5/32" brass tube, 3/32" alum. cable fittings

Block Steel for sinker molds

Parts for pole holders

Misc. parts for Boat and Trailer

Merry xmas everyone.

9. sportsmanfromkc

sportsmanfromkc New Member

State:
    kansas
    my ol lady got some perfume for x-mas, but for her birthday in march she is getting the pinnacle eye candy rod and reel combo that they have at minnesota bait shop....in hot pink.....i think she will like it, and if not i will look really funny when i use that pole as a back up.....:crazy::smile2::tounge_out:

10. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Travis, you've got it all wrong buddy. Get the one you want, and just wrap it in pink paper.:roll_eyes: Buying pink paper is a lot less embarrassing than buying a pink POLE.:embarassed: :smile2::smile2:

11. sportsmanfromkc

sportsmanfromkc New Member

State:
    kansas
    she already knows about the pole and thinks its cute, if that is possible for a pole to be cute...lol....anyways she is ready for this upcoming fishing season beings she had to work so much last year when i was going...she actually went with me one night to the spillway at olathe lake and sat in 45 degree weather with me and didn't complain once about the cold....so a week later i proposed to her, figured a woman who can deal with my fishing disorder and then can go and fish with me even on the cold nights is worth keeping around....does not hurt that she does not like fish....so more for me to eat............:cool2: