ShootOut/FishReport

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by catfishsafari, Oct 2, 2008.

1. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    I thought I would give some fishing reports from now till Fri the 10th. First thing I want to remind people who are fishing the shootout to bring is a "south" map of Truman. When I do the seminar Fri.bring your map with you.

The lake is just about done turning over and this starts our fall season. This puts our catfish on a feeding frenzy. We are catching 25-40 fish per day now and every day it gets better. Most are about 5lbs, but we are catching some 15-20lb fish. Oct. is mt favorate mo. to fish Truman and it looks like this Oct. is shaping up great.

Most fish are being caught by drifting in 20-30ft of water. Some are as shallow as 15ft.

Bait; Cut shad is the bait of choice. Sides seem to be working best but not by a lot. Bait is being caught in 10-15ft of water suspended over 25-30ft. It's been easy to get shad lately lets hope it stays that way.

I know you river guys don't like fishing still water, but don't be scared :crazy:it will be alright. You know if MrT can do it it can't be that hard :eek:oooh:.

If you have any questions give me a call

Thanks Steve...660-438-3135

2. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Great info! I am going down to osceola this weekend to try it out. I am hoping to get into some fish

3. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    Well today was some of the best fishing I've seen on Truman all year. Mike Cook caught his PB today a 61lb blue (Congrats Mike). Between Kirk ,Mike and my party we had over 50 blues many in the 10-18lb range in only 5hrs of fishing.

This is why I love Oct. on Truman. Most fish were caught drifting in 35-50ft of water. Cut shad was the bait of choice. Bait is very easy to get by the way.

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Man sounds like a great bite. Hope they can hang on with these eating habits until next week.

Thanks for the information Steve. Looking forward to coming out.

5. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Dont worry cuz ,you have your limt and be culling in a hour after the shootout starts:big_smile:

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    will be good to see you and gary again:big_smile:

7. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Steve, Any advice for finding shad? Are they easy to locate on the lake up by Osage Bluff, or would it be worthwhile to stop by the harbor first? I'm headed that way sometime Thursday.

Thanks!

8. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Gary, Steve and I put in at the dam yesterday, and got probably a hundred in the first throw. Bait is super easy to find.:wink:

9. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Cool, thanks for the report "Gary from the East" :006:

10. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Did you catch them over the wier? or up by the face of the dam?

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Robert we are looking forward to seeing you guys also. Always nice to spend time with our friends from the West. Except for Kilpatrick, we can do without seeing him :smile2::smile2::wink:

I have a secret plan I'm developing for Team Kilpatrick and KC Catfish Connection that will assure and cement there place to finish dead last at the shootout. SHHHHHHHHHH. Dont tell anybody LMAO