Shooting Your Friend With A Bow!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by bnewsom71, Oct 5, 2009.

1. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  2. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri

3. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    that's terrible.

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    THAT IS JUST PLAIN STUPID :angry: OPEN YOUR EYES :angry: WHAT A MORERON:angry::angry::angry: DUMB DUMB DUMB

5. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    My whole grype about that accident is that it was late and at last light - and when it is that dark I wouldn't even think about shooting ANYTHING, unless I was right on top of it, to make sure of what it is. I hate that stuff, cause that idiot gives bowhunters (really ALL hunters) a bad name.:angry::angry:

6. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    if you cant tell its a man or women then how do you know if its a buck or doe or tom or hen you cant fix STUPID :angry: if thay would start giving these dumb A$$es time in prison these so called axadents would slow down:angry::angry::angry::angry: this kinda thing realy gripes me

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Don't think you will find it written anywhere that you have to be smart to hunt, or to operate a boat.

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    how the hell do you mistake a man for a turkey, even in the dark???
    ...W

9. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Guess he didn't know turkeys are already on the roost in a tree at dark. That would be hard to live with for the rest of your life.

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I think I remember hearing one time, that any person "accidentally" shot with a bow at close range, will normally have charges pressed on him. There's just almost no possible way to mistake a human being for any kind of game animal when they're within bow range. Sorry. I say try him for it.

11. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    What an idiot,all i gotta say.I have never saw any person that looked like a turkey,besides that at the time it happened it's to dark to shoot at an animal anyway.

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The articls says the shooter was 16 yrs old. Probably first hunt and little experience. Sad loss.

13. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Very tragic, & yes, there will be "fall-out" aimed at the hunting population. Just suck it up, guys, & try to be a better person in spite of it.

14. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    This pretty much sums up what I was thinking.

15. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    sad but very true

16. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
  17. Fletchhunter

Fletchhunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    This is no accident, he saw a target and shot it. That is not an accident, he should be punished severly. People like this give hunters a bad name and it must be stopped. A couple of years ago just down the road from me, a man shot and killed his grandson thinking he was a coyote, how stupid can you get

18. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Should most defiantly be punished........if your not sure of your target,DON'T SHOOT, PERIOD!I went hunting sunday evening and at 6:55pm i could not see in the woods enough to shoot an animal and would not even of tried.there is no way at 7pm that kid could have been sure of his target being a turkey or a person,ect...............:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:DUMB,DUMB,DUMB,DUMB.he should never be allowed to hunt again,IMO

19. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    This is the exact reason that they have hunter safety courses. Unfortunately, they probably passed theirs and this still happens.

Really no excuse for it. It's not really an accident. It's just stupidity.

20. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I don't care if it was his first hunt, he was only 16yrs old or 60yrs old. The first rule is be responsible. Know your target and what is beyond it. Any time someone shoots another person they should be prosecuted. I never agree with the "it was an accident". He made the choice to shoot at a movement or a sound without identifying his target before shooting. That's no accident and he should be charged with the crime. It only takes a second to make the right choice and not become one of the idiots!:angry: