Shocking internet message.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Jul 28, 2006.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well brothers and sisters I had quite a stir last night! I have a 14 y/o daughter who has adhd/bipolar.She is a very sweet girl and as long as I tell her to keep taking her meds she is just fine.She is very scatterbrained so lots of times she has forgotten to take her meds and thankfully I am around along with her dad to remind her of which she immediately goes and takes them. Last night she was on her BeBo sight,apparently this site is strictly for teens where they can talk to their friends.I read all about it and it's monitored and parents are always notifyed of all that is going on.well-----------last night she came running too me and with tears in her eyes asked me to come to the computer of which I complied. I was so shocked and angry. I read at least 3 different emails she had received,the content was vicious. She was called a Whore and several other vicious names,all from scool girls that attend the same school as her. She says :Mom,I'm scared theyre gonna beat me up.I assured her I would handle this,and what I did was call the Sheriff's department. A seargent came to visit and read what was online. He asked me to print off a copy which I complied,he told me that these young ladies would be getting a visit from him,and told me to keep monitoring.If it continues he was to be notifyed immediately. Man what is this world coming to? If I'd have dared do that I can garentee you my parents would have seen to it that I wouldn't have been able to set down for a week.Pkpowell:angry: ps Watch your kids if any has teenagers this is horrible!!

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The internet isn't safe, I don't care what the site calls itself. Good for you for calling the sheriff:sad2:

3. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    I know what you mean. My daughter is almost 16 and you should have seen the text message she received on her(my) phone. The language!!! She begged me to not call the girls parents, but I did text this girl back and let her know that she had better watch her langauge on MY phone. It all started because my daughter is the manager of the football team and she was talking to the other girl's boyfriend(a player). My daughter thinks of this boy as a brother, but this girl just went nuts. I told my daughter if it happened again that I would handle it on my own.

The world has gotten to be a scary place. These kids have so much more going on than I did at their age. I can just pray that we make it through to adulthood without any major problems.

4. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    My daughters are only going to be 3 & 2. Cleve & I are terrified of what the future will bring for them. Especially online! After seing (repeatedly) the Dateline series on sexual perdators, we have already decided threr will only be 1 computer & it will be in a common room in the house so we can monitor it as much as we can, but these kids have an internet slang of there own now. It's so scarey!
    You guys definitely took the right steps! We have to protect our kids at all costs!

Lisa

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Pk sorry to hear about what happened. I think you handled the situation well. Kids these days can be really mean and I'm with you if I would have acted like that when I was a kid I would have had a hard time sitting down for awhile.

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Guys thanks for replying! I caught one of the girls on a Saturday typing some rather foul language and my daughter was at home. I called her in,and said please tell me she is not referring to you!! Well as it turned out the language grew worsr and worse while I sat there and watched and yes it was referring to my daughter. Needless to say,my anger was aroused and I got on and bluntlt told her she was now talking to a mother,and she'd best watch her mouth or she'd be dealing with me. I couldn't believe her response! She called me a B---ch and promptly told me she was so F---ing scared Ohhhhhhhhhhhh whats ya gonna do about it??? Then believe it or not I received an email from her mother stating she would call the cops on me if I dared to threaten her daughter again! I told my daughter she is to have absolutely nothing to do with this girl under any circumstances. Well really I drew the line when my daughter came home and said she was with this girl to study math(apparently she is brilliant in math and my daughter isn't) and my kid told me she took a sip of pop that she had been given and what she didn't realize was a cockroach had slid in her drink and wound up in her mouth.Now if that isn't gross I'd like to know what is?? I said no more period. Everything was fine until last night when she dicovered she'd had 3 different girls attacking her online. I still can't believe it!!!:angry_2: :angry_2:pk powell

7. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Sounds like you did the right thing and sounds like you have a good sheriff. Good Job!

I just wanted all parents to be aware of something they might not be. The hottest thing on the internet for teens now is myspace.com and facebook.com (college version). I am on facebook.com and my 16 yr old sister is on myspace. They are great sites and offer alot of fun and chances to meet new people (kinda like The BOC).

Well I was sitting in the computer room talking to my sis a couple weeks ago and she was on her myspace. I noticed that on her profil she had her first and last names, state, e-mail, phone number, and ADDRESS! I was shocked. I told her she needed to take her phone number and address off immediately. She had never thought about the fact that people (pedophiles) that she didn't want to see it could just as easy as her friends. So I just wanted all parents to be aware of these sites. They are wonderful sites and both monitor everything strictly looking for pedphiles. But you can never be too cautious. Just something I'm not sure if alot of parents now about but they should!

8. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    First off you did the right thing! Not all but alot of kids are just young and stupid. They use the internet as a anonymous mask to talk crap behind and 9 times out of 10 nothing will come about with it but its that one time you have to look out for. You did the right thing and hopefully the cop will put a scare into those girls. Have you also contacted the website that your daughter was on? I am sure they have some sort of no harassment policy.

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sorry to hear about that Pat.

The main thing is that your daughter came to you first, that shows that she trusts you and loves you. She did not keep it to herself. Great job calling the authorities also.

10. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have a 16 and 19 year old daughters and have run into the same problem. I would suggest that you copy the text and take copies of it to the parents. It has worked for me on several occasions.

11. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    im reall sorry to here about that and if it were my parents dealing with that, theyd have a lawsuit on her a$$ faster than a jackrabbit on a hot summer day on a grill!:lol: sorry to hear about your daughter!

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yes! I notifyed the internet site,that was one of the cops suggestions also he requested a print out of the horrible things that were said. What really scared me was some of it was so threatening. I really had to bite my tongue cause when it comes to my girls I'm like a Mama Grizzley Bear. I have to be honest tho guys I would appreciate prayers being said,and you know Sunday am when I attend Church I'll be requesting prayers because while it's true that a good share of the time it all turns out to be talk and nothing more,once in awhile you do hear of physical altercations. If that should happen theres gonna be some trouble as I will not stand by and tolorate it!!pk:angry:

13. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    PK, I had a very similar problem with my daughter last year. We went to see a detective friend with the sheriffs dept. who took care of it. Believe it or not, she had a stack of reports three inches high to investigate from problems on the internet in just a 24 hour period. She said it was like that all over the country. You did good. Hope things smooth out for your family. Jack.

14. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    its hard to imagine what kids have to deal with these days. as if growing up isnt enough. I think a lot of the problem is that there are not enough parents to go around. there are plenty of people with kids but not enough real parents. LISTEN TO YOUR KIDS. BE A PART OF THEIR LIVES. kids are not grown up at age 10. kids need responsibility and accountability. good luck with dealing with that. it sounds like you have it under controll.

15. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you sir,for your kind words.I worry about her because I know for a fact that she hasn't but 1 friend in the entire school. It's because she is bipolar and it's as if she has the plague.Stupid kids!! Obviously they've had no parental training at home. I even had a school teacher call me one evening and asked me if I was aware of the fact that whenschool starts and she is in her seat the entire classroom will actually get up and move to other side of the room to get away from her.If I was the teacher every single one of those kids would have gotten detension and a very long lecture. I mean how rude!!pk powell:angry:

16. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    You did the right thing by calling the law you may have to follow up this with them to keep it from falling in the cracks or being swept under the rug I have sent up prayers and will keep you on my prayer list:smile2:

17. Is it me or because there are stiff laws on parents disiplining their kids that some adults are less inclined to punish their children like in the past. I mean come on... what ever happened to the belt, or a swift kick in the rear or hard manual labor for doing what they have done so thay can think about how stupid they were. I can remember one time i really got in deep water with my dad and I have never had more chores to do around the house in one day than in my entire life. I don't think I have ever seen him that angry and dissapointed. Of course because of that screw up I am a better person today. It really dissapoints me that some parents won't take it to that extreme level to make sure their kids grow up to be better people. Nothing says grow up like good ol fashioned hard work and a swift kick in the butt.

18. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    That is a big chunk of the problem right there. A lot of parents are afraid to punish thier kids for fear of going to jail etc. I cant say I blame them I know I wouldnt want to be rasing a kid these days. I know a good whooping never hurt me or the hard labor I had to do when I did wrong. But look to where the problem lies its all from to many idiots that think kids shouldnt ever be spanked or punished and butting thier noese in and got it so a good parent almost cant punish anymore. 29 years ago I was carrying my daughter on my shoulder like a sack of taters she loved it always saying daddy sack of taters well to make a long story short this lady in a store called the police on me cops showed saw what I was doing said never mind we will take care of it and proceeded to give this lady a royal butt chewing. Well in this day and age I prolly would of got in trouble for invading my daughters space. Good luck with this issue your having and I hope it all works out and I commend you on calling the cops over this. Dont back down hold your ground. Have you in my prayers for sure.

19. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I don't trust any of the networking sites...myspace, facebook and so on. They make it way too easy for people to see personal information and it encouarges many bad things. With those kinds of websites there are plenty of things that can go wrong.

20. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    All of you, I love you and I deeply appreciate your kind words and thoughts.I totally agree with CrazzeeCade but here the stickler.Because my daughter has ADHD/Bipolar she has a caseworker,well I am a firm believer that even tho she has somewhat of a problem I am still her mother and when I speak I expect to be listened to and obeyed,her dad is this way also,anyway she is now a teen so she has normal teen hormones and a few things that if we all were to be totally honest when we were teens we had to learn a few hard lessons with our parents and Cade I knew when my mom spoke I'd best jump and I didn't dare ask how I.She has went on to her reward now but I honestly believe it made me a better person today,ok here's where it's gonna get a little greasy and you need to know I'm not ashambed to admit this. One evening Our daughter would not take no for an answer,I tried talking her doen for a good 45 min to absolutely no avail.What happened next was pure instinct the thought had never previously entered my mind As God As my Witness.For some reason that I still can't explain today I glanced down and seen a cloth military belt.and now it's like it all happened in slowmotion in reality it didn't.The Cloth part of the belt just struck out as fast a venemous snake and caught her once upon the bare back. Immediately I had her attentionmwell why did ya do that.I explained that it was very unbecoming of a teen girl to not act as a young lady!I said you are to respect your parents and you got a swat to remind you of this basic fact.Well it just so happened that the next day her caseworker was on the phone with me,no my daughter hadn't called her because you see she had actually forgotten about the entire incident.Well me and my big mouth.You see I was taught as a child that when asked a question I was always no matter what to speak the truth as my parents hated liars worse than they did thieves,I grew up with that so when I was asked how she was doing I spilled the beans as the ole saying goes.Don't you know that I was told I was going to be reported to Division of Family Services! I said What??? there's not a mark on her and further more I have no reason to lie to you and even if I did I will not lie. I have to report this it's the Law.By this time guys I'm furious,I quickly told her since she was so worried that she needed to leave her office and make an inspection herself,she promptly told me she'd be at our place in 45 min. Don't you know she was!!! Said she'd already been to the school and with the assistance of the school nurse and Superintendent commenced to probe her back looking for a bruize or a sore place. My daughter asked them repeatedly what are u doing and why is that I must take my blouse off.Well your mother hurt you the other night and we are investigating,my daughter responed with "Hurt me" What are u talking about my mother has not hurt me nor would she. You were struck with a belt to which response was "Oh I was ,I have no memory of that". You don't remember getting a single swat on the back? No and would you please stop poking at me I am fine. I was totally incenced,and then she had the utter gall to come over and ask me to my face how I was doing. I let her know I was extremely furious with her.But I'm just doing my job,and now we can do this 2 ways you can stand up to the plate in my presence and call DFS and report this your self or you will leave me no choice to do it for you. I sternly told her to give me the phone if the stupid call had to be made I would be the one to make it,and I did.
    Now folks this is what CrazeeCade was meaning in his post what has happened to our rights as parents.Answer we have none.And the sad part about it is it's whats wrong with our world today. I want you all to know that I would die rather than hurt and be abusive to my kids,I love them so much,but my Bible says until she is of age and her sister also her dad and I have the authority.I want you to also know that I'm a firm believer in grounding the heck out of em,no ohone calls no computer no te,instead they will get writers cramp in writing me an essay on what God meant when he said children Honor your Father and Mother,but when that won't work I will use a good butt kicking,even tho my goodness the law says that is so disrespectful and that her parents should just leave and allow her to cool down.If she follows us outside and tries to create a scene then I am to notify her caseworker immediately cause we have big problems. The utter gall that I should have to leave my residence!! I'm sorry this is long,just wanted to let future parents know what may also be going on in their state.Ya please have a good evening,love to all pk powell:crazy: :crazy: