Shocking Catfish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Catmaster, May 5, 2006.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    LOL!!! This is going to be good. I just wanted to raise a little controversy with this one. I was wondering what are everyones thoughts about telephone shocking? Besides that it is illegal.

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    WHOA!!!!! I am staying out of this one, LOL!!!

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I'm with JW, I don't want to get in over my head on this one.....lmao:eek:oooh:

4. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I will jump right in the middle of this one. Anyone who has to use a phone to catch fish is no fisherman at all. I personally would love to take someone doing it and put them in the water and crank away to see if they float to the top. If they did not oh well, no great loss to the fishing community

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Illegal...enough said.

6. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Darn it, I thought I would get a little bigger rise out of that one.

7. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    If I ever see someone doing it I will hook up jumper cables to their nipples.

8. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    We could also dust them with bean dust til they sneeze. I dont agree with dusters either. IF starving than it is adifferent story ,but i dont think many of the people that do these things are really starving ,(just LAZY) :angry: :angry:

9. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I agree with all of ya. It is a imoral thing to do. In my opinion I would not even call it fishing.

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    LMAO!!! I gotta agree!

11. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    My wife went shocking and had a great time. I must say she was with the local biologist and the game warden. They CPR'd all day long. This river is really shallow and only had deep pocket ever so often. Still found lots of fish and even a small flathead.

Outside of for survey reasons for the management I dont think anyone should do it. If caught I know a nice spot those electrodes should be placed and I will happily volunteer to spin that crank till my arm falls off.

12. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I wouldn't want to do it as a means of fishing. HOWEVER, i think it would be fun to do it just to see what's out there! :big_smile:

Eric

13. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I have seen it done one time. At that time it was the DNR doing. I thought they even looked stupid. Vern

14. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I've heard of it being done back in the late 50's in this part of the country in some of the smaller creeks and also using gunny sacks with crushed green walnuts and throw it into the hole of water and let the mash kill the fish.

15. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    calling em up . thats what they used to say back in the day , if u guys run across any cats with ther whiskers curled up or blunt, half gone, some one is calling them up , way back when . them boys would run 2 boats , one wiyh a transformer the outher with dip nets .in 30 min they would get hundreds of fish. i dident like it then i dont like it now:embarassed: :sad2: :crazy: :angry: i dont think u fellows are hard enough . u need to fish more so u will be tough, lol it JUST AINT RIGHT>>>>.:beat_brick: :beat_shot: :hell_boy: :0a32: :008: :0a37: :0a37: nuf said!!!

16. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    From what little I have read about it,it is not as effective on cats as other species.not saying it dosen't work on cats,but MDC uses hoop nets when targeting cats round here.

17. fraid_knot

fraid_knot Guest

Crank phones work great on cats. Better'n turpintine.

Oh wait. Y'alls talkin bout catfish, aintcha?

18. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    My wife goes shocking all the time. Wall mart and places like that. When she comes home and I see the bill it's shocking.lol

19. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know of a few people that have thrown their cell phones over the side of the boat but it just doesn't seem to have the same effect.lol!Now my cell phone bill is a different story it's pretty shocking.

20. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    LOL i know how you feel,its like hooking jumper cables up to your nads.She probably has a similar experience whenever i go to the bass pro shop,well minus the hooking up of the nads since she dosent have them but you get the point.:lol: